Coolermaster ATCS case pics

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

Anyone else still running these wonderful old-school cases? I got my my ATCS201 way back in 2002. A few years later I got another 201, and today I've added a classic 200 to my collection. Thought you guys might want to see. Just finished building a new system into my main 201 :)

Taking these pictures has highlighted how I need to clean off the fingerprint marks :eek:

You can see from the inside of the case how long the 201 has been in service - note the stickers for the AthlonXP and Hercules 3D Prophet III Ti500 :eek:

These days it just runs the spec in my sig, along with a 1.5Tb RAID-0 array.

P1010485.jpg

P1010486.jpg

And alongside the new arrival, into which I'm going to build an old Core2Duo system from spare bits :D

P1010488.jpg

I still dont beleive anyone else makes cases as good as these. I will cling onto my 201 as my main case until whatever is on the market literally wont fit anymore :D

Associate
Got a coolermaster 110sx sitting all boxed up in the loft,my most favourite case,which was only defeated by the ever increasing size of the tower coolers..

Soldato
What makes the 201 so good?
To me it looks quite standard, but I can't see many fans and the ones I can see seem quite small, maybe 80mm?

Don't have any old CoolerMaster cases, do have a pretty old Gigabyte Aurora 3D though. Not a bad case. And it's little brother (as I like to think of it) the Gigabyte Poseidon.

Soldato
I'm still running a black widow, must have had it for over 7 or so years now.

I still think it's one of the nicest cases ever made in terms of exterior looks. I'm tempted to sell it and "upgrade" to the Corsair 800D... but maybe I'll keep it after looking at this thread!

They run 80mm fans, and space is a bit tight which is the main reason for wanting to upgrade. I'm running a 5970 which doesn't help!

Can someone please make a full tower black widow? :)

I'll try and grab some pictures to add to the thread.

Soldato
Excuse the really bad cable management. I had the fan controller custom made, 7v, 12v and off, it even controlled the front power and HDD LED at one point because it was so bright at night. This was the first proper case I bought, it's served me well.

bw1x.jpg

bw2s.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
What makes the 201 so good?
To me it looks quite standard, but I can't see many fans and the ones I can see seem quite small, maybe 80mm?

There are 4 80mm fans. You have to remember this is a case that was released back in 2001. What made them special was the simply astounding build quality - at a time where most of us carried plasters in PC building kits for the cuts we'd get off a typical case, it was a revelation. Perfectly made, great to look at, just brilliant cases.

Caporegime
I've still got a 201-SXK (Silver Widow). It now houses my second machine, but it'll never be retired.

paradigm said:
And as I said I'd post my Coolermaster, re-tidied with some old kit (still needs a DVD-RW, but I can run those from existing wiring and it'll be pretty much invisible.

1zf680.jpg

258mckh.jpg

16h40fo.jpg

Soldato
I wonder if there are any 220's still about? I had one back in 2002 when they cost stupid money. Apart from the garish ATCS logo they were better designed than my recently acquired 210, which is in my cupboard and tempting me to spend monies ;).

There are also a number of cases shown here that are desperately in need of one of these...

But this one is mine, and you can't have it! :p

:D
[TW]Fox;18465906 said:
*coolermaster pron*

I still dont beleive anyone else makes cases as good as these. I will cling onto my 201 as my main case until whatever is on the market literally wont fit anymore :D

In their day nothing came close, and they still have a touch of understated class about 'em now.

And is that a Pioneer slot loading DVD drive in that case? I had one in my old ATCS 220, and the Wavemaster that followed it. It was a noisy as hell, but it was the only optical drive I've ever really had a 'fondness' of. :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
It is indeed a slot loading Pioneer. I am also very fond of it. It doesnt actually work because I dont have any IDE ports anymore, so it remains there as an awesome bay filler :D

Fundamentally the exterior of my PC looks the same as it did 9 years ago :eek:

Back
Top Bottom