Coolermaster PSU ?

CSA

CSA

Associate
Are they any good ? thinking of buying one for my sons PCs but not 100% sure if they are of good quality or not

worth buying a coolermaster PSU ?

Associate
People always have their opinions on whats a good or bad PSU. But a lot of people just jump on the bandwagon and agree with them. Im positive coolermaster or OCUK wouldnt sell a PSU if it was vunerable to blowing up or whatever.

Im sure the coolermaster PSU will be fine. On a side note IIRC coolermaster PSU's are made by or are the same as FSP Sparkle (if you have had experience with them?).

PS - Can no one post saying their **** unless they have had their own experienses with coolermaster PSU's.

Associate
I have two systems with Coolermaster 1000w modular PSUs. Quite frankly they are the best PSU's I have ever used. Rock solid and stable with no faults or system problems related to them. Good build quality and lots of cables for whatever components you throw at it.

110% recommendation.

Man of Honour
Just received a Coolermaster Real Power M850w Modular PSU today, its a very solid PSU, very well made. From the online reviews I found its supposed to be a great PSU & so far I agree with the reviews :)

[edit] Forgot to say that its a much heavier, more solid build and classier PSU than the new Tagan BZ PSU I had the displeasure of using recently!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello CSA,

Cooler Master make pretty decent power supply units and I'm sure if you were to buy one, it will be fine. However, I would just like to point out that some of the Cooler Master units +12Volt rail ampage (Which is essentially what you need to look for when looking to purchase a new power supply since the +12Volt rail provides power to the more power hungry components in a system such as the graphics processing unit, processor and the hard drives) aren't as powerful as, for example, an equivalent Corsair power supply unit.

Take the Coolermaster Real Power 620w Modular Power Supply as an example - It is able to supply 43 amps on the +12Volt rail. Now, take the Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU which is able to supply 50 amps on the +12Volt rail which is considerably more.

Though, admittedly the Corsair unit above is slightly more expensive than that of the Cooler Master unit.... Just something to take into consideration maybe. :)

Back
Top Bottom