Coolermaster Stacker

Associate
Really considering getting myself a Coolermaster Stacker. They really do look the business with a few LED fans here and there.

I've got an xBlade running a "bought with case" PSU. So if I upgrade, theres a chance I'm going to have to get a new PSU as well with me getting a 4400+ and a X1900XT as well.

The problem with the xBlade is that it looks cheap and the cooling on it is abismal in my opinion. I love the look of the Stacker, but the black one with a price tag of £170 its surely bot worth the cash? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it essentially a few pieces of metal. Is it worth the upgrade considering I'll be ditching the old PSU anyway by the looks of it? Or just a waste of moneys?

Where might I get a hold of a 101? They don't appear to be on the OCUK website.

Are they not being sold? Or perhaps the MM?

EDIT: Just googled it. I have to say the looks of the 830 are unbeatable in comparison. £180 on the otherhand is ott imo. Not sure whether I want to treat myself....

Last edited:
810 ***, i started off with a crappy £30 generic case, which even came with front bubble lights. It was pretty good for £30, however after buying my 810 stacker over a year ago i was amazed at how much better it is.

For a start its huge, which is perfect for watercooling. Secondly its built like a tank, where as cheap cases are pretty flimsey (sp?)

Massive Attack said:
810 also has dual psu suppport although its pretty useless as it will gost just as much to buy 2 smaller psus than a decent big one

No the 810 lacks dual PSU, but unless you run a server that must stay on at all times (even in case of PSU failure) then best to use multiple servers mirroring the data anyway.

I can't see the point of a home gaming machine requiring two PSUs.

squiffy said:
No the 810 lacks dual PSU, but unless you run a server that must stay on at all times (even in case of PSU failure) then best to use multiple servers mirroring the data anyway.

I can't see the point of a home gaming machine requiring two PSUs.

There isn't much, but you can in theory fit 4 4-3 HDD adaptors giving 16 HDDs.

At that I might suggest powering the HDDs off the Slave PSU and have the main PSU for the system only

Wyvern971 said:
There isn't much, but you can in theory fit 4 4-3 HDD adaptors giving 16 HDDs.

At that I might suggest powering the HDDs off the Slave PSU and have the main PSU for the system only

If you need that much space it'll be a server, so the mobo/CPU will be much slower (ie 1ghz, 1gb RAM) and say you do have 16 HD's, a single PSU would be able to cope easily. You other rig (gaming/htpc) will be faster and then access files over shared drives.

I certainly wouldn't use a data server for every day tasks/gaming.

More to the point, why is the Stacker so much more expensive than any other "big" and "sturdy" case thats out there. I saw a Gigabyte 3D Aurora for £80 that I might get instead, save the cash and spend it on something else.

The Stacker would ideally be my first choice, simply because it looks the business and I've so much about how easy it is to use and what-not. Cos I'm not going to go down the watercooling route any time soon; I don't know enough about it. However, I can see this case lasting me a long while yet. It would be a serious upgrade from my cruddy xBlade with "come with case" PSU.

I guess I'm just going to have to ponder with the idea for a bit longer.

The HD cooling on that Gigabyte looks pretty lousy. Bay wise the Stacker has far more, you can add/remove HD 4 in 1 modules as you please, and it doesn't have two 3.5" floppy spaces wasting space like the GB does. I paid £127 including delivery from Germany for my black Stacker 810. The stacker is motherboard area is larger (deeper case)

Back
Top Bottom