Cooling for Ryzen 1700x

Don't bother with an AIO unless it is 240mm or bigger. You will be better suited with a good tower cooler.

Dark Rock Pro is a good choice but make sure it is the Pro as the standard version will only orient facing down towards the graphics card on Ryzen motherboards.

If you want a top notch air cooler but think Noctua look like baby sick then have a look at the Cryorig R1 Ultimate or R1 Universal. The Universal has a slimline front fan if you are worried about RAM clearance.

I have a Corsair H100i v2 cooling my R7 1700. I have it overclocked just a smidge under 4.0GHz and at times it can make a bit of a racket. I still like it but in hindsight I should probably have saved half of that money and bought a Dark Rock Pro as it just doesn't get that hot even with a good overclock.
Haha the Noctua does indeed look like baby sick, despite their good performance... I think you are right, they just dont get hot enough to warrant extremely good liquid cooling, will probs go for the dark rock pro!

This Alpenfohn is a nice cooler for the money. It also clears the Ram slots so you can use tall Ram.

The specs for your case list a max cpu cooler height of 179mm and the Alpenfohn is 165mm so it will easily fit.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £51.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)
Doesn't look too bad... Will have a think!

Back
Top Bottom