Copper pipe build

Associate
Hi all just a quick question, I'm finding it very difficult to mix and match copper sizes most standard copper pipe is 15mm or 22mm which is way to big. So im looking at 1/2" OD soft copper coiled pipe and using 12mm fittings.

Am I right in thinking that the 12.7mm OD pipe will work with the 12mm fittings? Has anyone used any fittings and can confirm this is okay ?

Kind regards

Associate
OP
It will be a steam punk build, the cpu and gpu will be copper and the black screws/rivets on the case itself will be replaced with copper ones.

I've got the case already i'll be doing 75% of the watercooling loop first, the radiators, pump and piping and then add the components and do the remaining piping

Ill be starting it all on the 26th so I'll start posting some pictures.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Hahaha I bet the half hard bender search raised a few eyebrows

I've actually used BES to source the copper pipe and I've already had a go at bending it with great success, its a soft copper so really easy to shape. I've also got a straightening tool which is just a load of rollers to straighten it out.

The copper polish I'm using does treat it aswell to eliminate tarnish.

Ill keep searching for the fittings though I don't want to risk a leak.

Cheers

Associate
OP
Quick update I've started bending the copper pipe, polishing then laquering, not gonna lie it's infuriating doing the bends I've gone through about 6m of copper pipe to start producing bends I'm happy with.

I've also found 1/2" od pipe works with 13mm fittings but if you want to have a really snug fit replace the o-rings with 1/2" ones instead of the 13mm ones. Extremely tight grip once tightened.

Next to select the fans and start installing the components

Associate
OP
Yeah I polish with a rougher polish to remove the scratches from the pipe bender and then I use brasso to polish it to a mirror finish I then laquer and wait 24 hours before installing.

Yeah there is an inline filter at the top and also on the reservoir so I'll install a drain on the bottom for periodic maintaince.

A good corrosion inhibitor will hopefully stop the tarnish inside once its up and running and I seal the ports as I'm working through the system so it will slow the tarnish inside whilst it's dry

Associate
OP
I will be aiming to keep everything on the loop copper if possible, I'm not going to be having nickle or steel as it doesn't go with the look of the build.

On a seperate note I'm after a really good set of 120mm fans for this build either really nice looking RGB fans or just generic ones can anyone recommend the best? Silence is a must at low level but I don't mind it ramping up once the temperatures rise they will all be controlled by an aquaero 6 lt hidden behind the motherboard

Associate
OP
Ahhh brill cheers mate I have 9x120mm fans, 3 are hidden in the back they are just going to be noctuas/tough fans and the 6 in the top/bottom I think will be the corsair LL120 they look really good

Back
Top Bottom