• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 2 Duo 5600 vs 7200

Associate
What kind of difference in performance am I looking at between a Core 2 Duo T5600 1.83ghz 2mb cache and a Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0ghz 4mb cache? I know cache is important but how much of an effect is doubling it to 4mb going to have? This is in a laptop by the way.

Soldato
I'm confused. Do you mean the E6400 to E6600? 2MB Cache to 4MB Cache difference. I've never heard of the cpus that you mentioned.

EDIT: Oh sorry. Should have read the last bit. I assume the difference would be the same as for what I mentioned above. You won't notice much difference in games.

Associate
At a pure guess I'd say about 10-20% in completely CPU bound tasks. However for a laptop I'd say just get the cheaper option as by the time it can't run something the slightly faster one wouldn't be able to run it either.

Back
Top Bottom