Corrupt memory card recovery

Associate
Apologies if this is the wrong section but i couldn't find somewhere suitable to put it so fee free to move it admin/mods :)

Good morning people, Need some advise regards memory card recovery.

Ive had a microSD card which as sadly gone corrupt and really need to recovery all data.

Last year my family and I toured California and took a lot of go pro footage which was on there for some bizarre reason i never backed it up when i got home to view the footage.

I have managed to "obtain" 2/3 different types of recovery software but so far the videos dont seem to be playing ball and have only manage to successfully recover the photos.

The recovery software is reconsigning that its a video file recovering it but its just in jpeg format and shows as a picture when i open it 500mb+ picture. Ive tried to force it to VLC format and it doesnt play anything.

so far tried CCleaner , recuva , CardRecovery , iCare Data Recovery Pro and 7thShare Card Data Recovery.

Anybody have any suggestions or similar problems in the past?

Would professional help work?

Getting it in the neck of the mrs now for not backing it up. Help..

Associate
You could try photorec?

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

It's not paticuarely user friendly and doesn't pull back file structures or file names. You will end up with a massive jumble of every file the card still has available likely with jumbled file names and you will have to check them manually. However, thanks to thumbnails this tends to be ok for photos / videos (it's when you try using it for documents it becomes a faff).

I've had good results with it at work in the past.

Associate
OP
The tool that comes with Sandisk cards has worked for me a couple of times.
Guys thanks very much for the help.

Ive managed to do it finally, im over the moon some precious memorys on there and salvaged them all.

you put me on the right track with the sandisk tool how ever i never got a tool but i used there site and found another software programe RescuePro deluxe and its worked a treat.

Thanks all.

Associate
Guys thanks very much for the help.

Ive managed to do it finally, im over the moon some precious memorys on there and salvaged them all.

you put me on the right track with the sandisk tool how ever i never got a tool but i used there site and found another software programe RescuePro deluxe and its worked a treat.

Thanks all.

No problem at all - I'm pretty sure RescuePro is what they bundle. If so, it's saved my bacon a few times...

Back
Top Bottom