Corsair 300R

Associate
Iv just Recieved this case to go with the rest of my new build. The last time I built a PC was 5-8years ago so it might just be me missing the obvious. Iv come to the point were I'm abouts to mount my 2.5 HDD. The case states (also checked in manual) 4 x tool free 2.5" SSD hard drive but I can't figure out how it fits. The bay is too wide, is it suppose to just sit loosely?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the Reply.

No not that I can see, i will update with a pic

Ahh the 4 holes are top mounted and not on the sides, looking at it the wrong way.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Soldato
Couldn't figure this out on my 500R either, ended up removing the 3.5" mounting pins on one side and popped some screws in through the provided holes in the bottom of the tray.

Soldato
That looks the same as the 500R tray, would guess the 300R is the same, I found that rear pin in the picture pushed my SSD away from the underside mounting holes, removed it problem solved. Saying that I was rushing things a little while building, spent 10mins trying to figure it out and then just started removing things :p

Associate
OP
good idea :)

what do u think of the case?
from pics i've seen it looks good :)

Considering the price is fairly cheap, on first impression it looks a great case. Plenty of room but have yet to mount the PSU. It comes with 2 x prefilters, raised of the ground for plenty of air flow. Everything is basic yet at a quality standard, I like the quick fit CD drive bays.

Soldato
As for the pins being in the way, instead of removing one iv flipped the try and mounted on other side :)

Ahhh this rings a few bells now of what I thought of doing about 3 days after I moved cases, WC going in at the weekend so I'll maybe change it up then :p

And yes, pics!!

Any little niggles with the case or things that could be improved? Seems a solid case for the price.

Associate
OP
as requested

34e56844.jpg

25d973b7.jpg

93f4790c.jpg

f1d487c9.jpg

If you have a graphics card as big as mine only one will fit!
5131645c.jpg

Associate
OP
It looks like you haven't used any of the cable management holes built into that case:confused:

Haha, the Holes are good I'll post another picture since iv tidied it up. That was taken last week when I first built up the system.

All the cbles are behind the MB now and to the sides.

Back
Top Bottom