Corsair 4000D Airflow, 280mm AIO and low profile memory?

Associate
I would like to use the Corsair 4000D Airflow with a Corsair H115i. However on the video below (5:28) Leo says that this combination would then require low profile memory such as Corsair LPX memory to leave enough room at the top for the H115i. I don't really want low profile memory. I'd prefer the Corsair Dominator Platinum. Can anyone verify one way or the other about whether this restriction applies? https://youtu.be/mLw_HeJS0b8?t=328

Associate
Hi Mate,

Please view this - https://www.kitguru.net/components/leo-waldock/corsair-4000d-airflow-review/ they were able to fit 280mm in 4000d top mount with low-profile memory.

Tomorrow, I will do a build, I will try to fit 280mm in 4000D with normal ram - Corsair Vengence RGB Pro (just in case I got 240mm one, but want to fit 280 in top-mount)

(997 posts to go for the RTX 30 series card, yay)

Associate
OP
Hey. Thanks for your response. I ended up going with 'iCue H100i Elite Capellix AIO' along with 'Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200MHz' and this combo worked great. Even then I had very little space between aio and ram so I'm glad I didn't risk a larger aio. See how things go for you. I personally don't like low profile ram. Lol@997 posts. I buckled and bought a MSI Suprim X RTX 3090 new from OCUK. Paid a lot but I love the card - it's beautiful! Good luck!

Last edited:
Associate
Lel, we shall see how things go, will stream so gameplay on twitch, not sure if u use it . . .

I am curious, how much can I get for the kidney in the black market, would that be enough for the 30 series>?

(996 posts to go for the RTX 30 series card, yay)

Associate
Good news, it did fit, however, got other issues, my x570 aorus master is super loud . . . I think I got a shity board . . .

Hey there bud, I was thinking of upgrading to a arctic freezer 2 240 AIO, which is 8mm thicker than most 240 AIO, normally they are 30mm instead of 38mm on the Arctic freezer.

I have corsair platinum dominator RGB ram which is taller than most. I was just wondering which 280 aio you were using, I'm trying to work out the thickness of the radiator to see if the my planned upgrade would fit?

Associate
Hi mate, I got the - Corsair iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX 280mm which I mounted at the top of the case and I am using the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro. From doing the research, I found that it mostly depends on your motherboard, for example, if you got a B550, there is no way you will fit a 280mm radiator at the top. I think the 240mm should be fine but have not tried it myself, so I would advise looking into other forums.

Associate
OP
Hello, trying to do the same build as this. For the Mobo, will any x570 do or do you have a list of x570 that would work with this setup?

Are you talking about mobos? I used the Asus X570-F (because X570-E was out of stock but this would also work). I eventually ended up getting a 240mm Corsair AIO though as I really wanted to use Corsair Dominator Platinum memory. They look just amazing in RGB. See here for a pic of my build: https://imgur.com/a/Jvmk43G. What do you think? :) P.S. How can I upload and display an image here rather than link to it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom