Corsair 800D Build

Associate
OP
It's not removable in the case of the 800D. Unless you want to start de riveting the case, but after paying £200 for a case I don't really want to start de riveting my case :(. The 800D really doesn't require a removable motherboard tray though seeing as there is so much room to work with in the case, also the fact that there are so many holes in the case for cable managment would probably cause issues (vibration/flimsyness) inside the case if the motherboard tray was removable.

Leviathan may be talking about the COOLERMASTER ATCS 840 which does have a removable motherboard tray.

Associate
OP
I have to say, even though my Coolermaster ATCS 840 is amazing, I'm quite jealous of people with this case. Looks amazing.

Really nice cable management you got going on there nick.

Thanks I haven't quite finished the cable managment yet going to tidy up behind the scenes a bit and I need to do a couple more things to get it all perfect. Will post some more pictures when it's all finished :D.

It's the best case I have ever owned, nice to work with easy cable managment :D.

I haven't finished the build off completly yet and will be installing Windows 7 when I get my SSD :eek: and when it actually gets released haven't bothered with the RC or any of that yet.

Think I just found out why my hard drives were cutting out on me, seems that the Corsair 4x sata power extension cable for the hard drive hot swap bay was either not getting enough power through to the hard drives from the one connection or was not connected properly so I am just using the normal power cables from the PSU now. No big problem but just a bit frustrating I spent so much time troubleshooting what was wrong with my hard drives and the problem turns out to be not such a genious idea from Corsairs end of things :mad:. Oh well I forgive them :p

Associate
no i agree you cant remove it easy,the only way to do its to remove the 3 screws at the back then you would have to drill out the 6 rivets as well then you could i think.

Ys soz false alarm i jsut noticeed this to when i coudl c the tray can slide and 3 screws i thaught that woudl work sadly it dont :). false alarm soz bu should the 3 rivets at the back b removed u can

Associate
OP
Ys soz false alarm i jsut noticeed this to when i coudl c the tray can slide and 3 screws i thaught that woudl work sadly it dont :). false alarm soz bu should the 3 rivets at the back b removed u can

You can remove the rivets from your case, I'm not touching mine with any drill. Anyone comes near mine with a drill and I'll drill tehm right in the head! :mad:

Associate
Any idea what is wrong? All the cables are attached properly the PWS is a new Corsair 1000Watts. The Motherboard is the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Intel X58.

Associate
OP
Check your motherboard case wiring headers to make sure they are all plugged in correctly. Check this in the Gigabyte manual. If that isn't the issue try updating the motherboard BIOS sounds like an issue with the mobo or wiring to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom