corsair 900d

Associate
Of late i have watched a number of people building pcs on youtube and noticed the orientation of the fans.. so i am wondering if i have in fact got the fans going the right way in my own build.
Also the room where all my computers are is like a dust magnet

As the title says the case i am using is a corsair 900d, below i will put what rads and fans i am using ect.

Top of case
480 quad at the top- 4 noise blocker eloop 120s fans on top of the rad sucking air in
Left side of case
360 rad at the bottom-4 noise blocker eloop 120s fans-fans in front of the rad blowing air out.
Rear of case
Corsair ap140(the one with the coloured rings on)- Blowing air out.
Front of the case
Corsair 120 ap red led fans-Sucking air in.
The case has some coldzero mods
midplate
rear fan plate
motherboard rear tray
motherboard side drive plates

First off
Am i creating static presure to keep the dust out, althoguh its not terrible i am still getting a layer of dust everywhere.
Second
Does it really matter where the fans are placed on the rad ie.

on top of the rad at the top
infront of the side rad at the side.

am i doing it all wrong and jsut realised lol ?

I do want to upgrade to rgb led fans would i be worse off ?.
Could i for example sue rgb fans under the top rad. noise blocker on the top of the rad
rgb fans in front of the side rad(showing out) and noiseblocker on the insaid of the case.

Gratefull for any advice.

Associate
Your doing it wrong in my opinion. I've also got a 900D case with ColdZero full length mid plate/ customer from panel and motherboard tray to name a few.

Heat rises so the rune of thumb is Bottom/Front are for intake (were air is coldest) and Rear/Top output as this is where the heat will naturally want to escape. I only have 3 ML120 fans as intake on the front then 4 out (1 rear + 3 Top) i get a small amount of dust over a long period but nothing that annoys me.

Associate
Which 480mm radiator do you have at the top. Im going to be redoing my own loop (currently remove)

Was hoping to be able to fit a 60MM 480mm at the top then another slim 30mm at the rear ut unsure of the clearance available with a rear radiator installed

Soldato
700D here have rad fans pulling through radiator and exhausting up and our as pointed heat rises.

Rear fan and lower divider fan are intakes

Soldato
Bottom/front as intake 100%. Top and rear exhaust. I wouldn't go any other way around as you will be making things worse. I wouldn't worry too much about case pressure as the 900D is a pretty good sealed case. Never had an issue with dust on mine.

My old 900D for pointers :)

WwPG90J.jpg

Back
Top Bottom