Corsair DD4 RMA

Associate
I was just wondering if anybody has had any issues with DDR4 memory especially with new Ryzen systems?

Ive just recently upgraded and I have always bought Corsair memory based on the fact I have never had a stick fail. . Until now.

Other than loading the default profile to take the memory to 2666 it hasn't been overclocked. I recently noticed my system just wasn't running right and this came after a fresh install due to a windows update failing. Eventually i could see that the system was only recognising 8 of the 16 installed ram. So after diagnosing which stick was dead i set up a direct RMA with corsair and in between that being approved I couldnt play a single game without having some form of issue with the ram. Now for one stick to fail i could put this down to bad luck, but for two to fail albeit 1 was still working (kind of) i find a little odd.

Is this a turning out to be a common issue with the early batches of DDR4?

Soldato
I was just wondering if anybody has had any issues with DDR4 memory especially with new Ryzen systems?

Ive just recently upgraded and I have always bought Corsair memory based on the fact I have never had a stick fail. . Until now.

Other than loading the default profile to take the memory to 2666 it hasn't been overclocked. I recently noticed my system just wasn't running right and this came after a fresh install due to a windows update failing. Eventually i could see that the system was only recognising 8 of the 16 installed ram. So after diagnosing which stick was dead i set up a direct RMA with corsair and in between that being approved I couldnt play a single game without having some form of issue with the ram. Now for one stick to fail i could put this down to bad luck, but for two to fail albeit 1 was still working (kind of) i find a little odd.

Is this a turning out to be a common issue with the early batches of DDR4?

Have you tried posting with only one DIMM and whether you've run diagnostic program like Memtest Hcl?

Personally I know Ryzen does not work well with the C920 logitech webcam & windows 10, occasionally in soft reboot exactly half of the installed RAM would stop getting detected by the BIOS and goes into hardware reserve in windows. Everything would then be resolved by a hard reboot, or after I decide to not keep my c920 plugged until I need to use it.

TLDR: It might not be the RAM but some of the peripherals.

Associate
OP
Cheers,

That makes sense. I did check both DIMM and one wouldnt let the system boot at all. Ill keep an eye on it when it gets back.

Back
Top Bottom