Corsair Force Series LS firmware S9FM02.0 update.

Associate
Just ran a firmware update check for my SSD via Corsair SSD Toolbox and it stated that firmware version S9FM02.0 was ready to download and install however it also stated that it was a destructive update so i will loose all data on the drive! ... Does this include the OS?

Had this drive for quite some time now but never had a destructive firmware update thus far so not 100% sure on how it works? I was thinking of cloning my SSD and running the update then restoring my drive from the cloned image. Would i have to run the firmware update, re-install windows then restore the clone image?

Oh and while we are on the subject has anybody got any recommendation on a good free SSD cloning app?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Thanks! Macrium Reflect sounds awesome, ive put the site in my favorites for future reference ..... So with Macrium Reflect not only can you create a boot CD but also clone a SSD/HDD to restore from?

Wish id have known about this the other day, tried some software i googled, clones my SSD to a external and tried to boot from it .... Just didnt work, ended up doing a full fresh windows re-install.

Thanks again though ....

Back
Top Bottom