**Corsair H100 RGB Extreme Performance Liquid Cooler **OcUK Exclusive**

Associate
Finally got this setup with the asrock taichi and looks great with idle temps under 30c but its says the cpu fans are spinning at 5400 rpm and i cant get them to slow down.
The pump connector is connected to connector 2 which is the CPU Fan / Waterpump Fan Connector (CPU_OPT/W_PUMP)
and the 2 fans on the radiator are connected to connector 3 which is the CPU Fan Connector (CPU_FAN1) and connector 26 which is the Chassis Fan / Waterpump Fan Connector (CHA_FAN3/W_PUMP).
I have updated the motherboard to bios version 2 but the controller doesn't seem to slow it down, it just changes the colour. Could anyone give me some advice?

Associate
Was in the process of typing out all the setting and then changed the fan control from PWM to DC and I put it on standard mode, but the controller still does nothing. However all I can hear now is a whirring noise from the pump. Is this normal, and is there any way to turn it down?

Last edited:
Associate
Was in the process of typing out all the setting and then changed the fan control from PWM to DC and I put it on standard mode, but the controller still does nothing. However all I can hear now is a whirring noise from the pump. Is this normal, and is there any way to turn it down?

Try to change the setting from standard mode to performance (or whatever is above it) mode and see if that will get rid of the whirring noise. I think what's happening is the pump is not getting 12v constantly on standard mode.

Soldato

Early Asetek model and unit may not be 100% full, mine doesn't make to much of a sound so im lucky

@Greybeard these kits are powered via SATA can cant have their speed limited , 3 pin connector that is provided only lists RPM of the pump, I havent bothered to connect mine in

image of the kit up and running . Kit is doing surprisingly well , Ryzen 5 1600@stock idles 30c with max 63c when gaming benchmarks , Fans are a little loud then what im use to, just a shame their not PWM or have the option to.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh You're right, this cooler is SATA powered so the pump is fed 12v at all times. At first glance, I thought the model included in this package was an H100i GTX, I didn't know that this one has a square pump/coldplate.

@Vish Petrol you'll hear the pump hum but swirling is a different thing. could be air bubbles/ unit not filled fully. If you've got a jumper for the PSU you could turn just the AIO and tilt it to remove the bubbles or use a basic cooler on the CPU and plug the aio into a sata cable.
If you can shack the unit and clearly hear there is a lot of air in the unit RMA?

Sem

Sem

Soldato
So is this just a H100i (the original) but with the new block aesthetics of the V2

reason i ask is will soon be doing an ncase M1 build and want to use a 240 AIO
the V2 has thick hard to bend tubes so would prefer the older one i dont think i will lose too much performance

also the pictures on the website seem to have 2 different radiator designs

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
The radiator is plain Black no corsair Logo and it has the same block as the H100i V2 but does not have the corsair link.

It also has the old style tubes so easier to bend.

Back
Top Bottom