Corsair h100i

Associate
Are you talking about the H100i v2? Or the original H100i?

The original Corsair H100i could have the the connector plugged into any Fan Header, it doesn't change the Pump speed; it'll remain at 2200RPM. I am uncertain if this has changed for the H100i v2, but for safety, I would recommend you plug it into the CPU/Optional Header.

The fans for the H100i can be plugged into the H100i for control via CorsairLink (iCue doesn't work on the original H100i), or iCue (works with H100i v2). Or plugged into a motherboard Fan Header that can be controlled via other methods instead.

Associate
OK, so looking at the manual for your motherboard, the Water Pump Fan Connector is where you plug your H100i into (aka CPU_OPT header). And if you don't want the H100i to control the fans on it, then you can connect the fans to the CPU Fan Connector instead of into the H100i AIO.

But most people I gather just plug the fans into the AIO, then the AIO into the Water Pump Fan Connector and then use the iCue software to control what's needed.

:: edit ::

Reading further into the manual, you are correct in bringing up the Chassis Fan connector, as it looks like that can be used for the AIO as well. But typically most use the CPU_OPT header since it's easier to tell if it's the CPU one you are reading temps etc off of.

I imagine the Chassis one is a second one that is used by those having a second AIO for GPU or something.

Back
Top Bottom