Corsair H110i GT - When will Ocuk get stock?

Associate
OP
i have an average tower cooler that is currently only possible to use the fan fitted in pull as otherwise the ram is in the way of the mounting.

since i went to a 980 gpu that is not blowing the heat out the back of my case the cpu is running a good few c warmer. this is causing the fan(s) to ramp up to almost full speed when being pushed.

the way I see it is the closed loop water gives me the benefits of large surface area for the cooling without the hassle of custom water and having to spend so much time with tubing pumps and air bubbles etc. i did have a water cooling kit ~ 7 years ago and did have fun drilling up and mounting it all, but I'm older now and have the cash to throw at what i see as the neatest solution.

putting it all in a new case with space and good fans I will get a cooler gpu and a cooler cpu.

Im not planning to keep the internal dvd drive either, so that will be more internal space as well. so just an ssd, 3.5" hdd and a couple of pci cards and ill be all set. (tv tuner and sound card)

this will be a project for me next weekend I'm hoping, will order it for delivery Thursday I hope

Dan

Caporegime
I really dont understand why everyone is getting wild over this product. It isn't going to be that much better than the current AIOs on the market if at all.

Either way, stock is due any day. Why you would want one though is beyond me.

If you want to cool a processor better than current gen AIOs then stop wasting your money on incremental annual updates to physically limited AIO solutions and just buy a proper water cooling kit.

They perform better, dont cost much more and are upgradeable for life.

The last H100i I installed for someone was the loudest, clunkiest waste of time I have ever seen or heard. A £50 heatsink from bequiet, noctua, prolimatech, phanteks etc are quieter and perform just as well without the extra points of failure.

Brother Richard, have faith. It has red leds, it's 280MM and it looks nice. What's not to like, eh? :cool:

g76Nnyi.jpg

P.S It outperforms my H110. :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Brother Richard, have faith. It has red leds, it's 280MM and it looks nice. What's not to like, eh? :cool:

put red LEDs on any plexi top waterblock and buy LED fans, live the LED dream with custom watercooling.

P.S It outperforms my H110. :)

by the smallest of margins no doubt

the reality is that you have spent £100+ to replace your year old £100+ cooler.

a £150 custom waterloop would outperform it by miles and not need replacing after a year.

Associate
I forked out over £2500 on the new machine, i had weighed up going a custom water cooling loop. but it was going to push my build to closer to £3000.

£2500 was the figure i feel comfortable paying back for the next 2 years at around £130 a month. as im 28 and thinking about engagements , kids , mortgage.

I know that a custom watercooler would be better, but i thought that this H110i GT would be much better than my Zalman heatsink.

Price / Performance i went with the best i could at the time.

Im Due a new motherboard in 3 years time, and i will probably upgrade the CPU + RAM at that point as well. What i could also do is sell the H110i GT and claw back some money. And at that stage build a costume water cooling system.

That my reason behind going for the Corsair Hydro H110i GT.

Associate
If you want to cool a processor better than current gen AIOs then stop wasting your money on incremental annual updates to physically limited AIO solutions and just buy a proper water cooling kit.

They perform better, dont cost much more and are upgradeable for life.

The last H100i I installed for someone was the loudest, clunkiest waste of time I have ever seen or heard. A £50 heatsink from bequiet, noctua, prolimatech, phanteks etc are quieter and perform just as well without the extra points of failure.

I agree with you, hindsight being a wonderful thing I should never have given up my D14 for the h100, though my reasoning was more to do with space in the case than actual cooling. Now the h100 pump is the only thing i can hear, and it gets on my teets. I no longer have that excuse however (I have an enthoo primo, which just begs for water).

Still, is there really a £150 watercooling loop worth getting?

Soldato
My 100i is perfectly quiet, although I did swap out the stock fans for some SPs. It also looks better than a big ass cooler imo. I don't overclock much, so the added neatness that it adds to the rig is an extra bonus, at a fraction of the cost of what a full water cooled system would cost/maintain.

Last edited:
Associate
My 100i is perfectly quiet, although I did swap out the stock fans for some SPs. It also looks better than a big ass cooler imo. I don't overclock much, so the added neatness that it adds to the rig is an extra bonus, at a fraction of the cost of what a full water cooled system would cost/maintain.

I agree with this, the style and aesthetics is clean lines and sleek, there's also not many wire cables coming out of the block so its neat and tidy.

Ive looked at other AIO coolers and it looks like an ugly digital octopus is latched onto my CPU or that crab from Aliens.

ive nothing to base this off, as ive yet to get mine, but im sure with a fan upgrade later down the line it could still remain a great cooler for the user that is dipping his toe into water cooling for the first time like myself (pun intended) Its plug and play with somewhat minimal fuss and almost a 100% peace of mind from leakage.

again im not saying a custom water cooling system isnt better. but again for someone moving from an old fan heat sink to this might see a great leap in cooling performance.

i agree someone moving from a h100 to this just because its new seems a little stupid as the cooling performance cant be great.

perhaps a sticky guide on the latest AIO coolers comparing each of them might be good the way Stulid did a guide on the range of Thermal Pastes out there. People lacking information are clearly going to go for Style and Looks over performance. but perhaps if there was a guide detailing each to their own we could all make a better informed judgement.

Il know more when mine comes in the post - hopefully Wednesday ;)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Still, is there really a £150 watercooling loop worth getting?

Of course.

Check the tech labs section.

There are two 'value' kits in there.

The 240mm version will beat any AIO in terms of quality, performance and noise whilst only costing 40quid more.

If your AIO fails, whole thing needs replacing.
Only point if failure in a custom loop is the pump which is easy to replace.

Associate

This is my EXACT experience with H100i,first time i heard it make horrendous noises,i said to my friend whos PC it was that it sounds like its dying.He told me thats just normal operation.I really dont get why AIO's are so popular.Can be incredibly loud,and not much cooling edge over top end air either,aswell as being more expensive.

It boggles the mind man

Associate
This is my EXACT experience with H100i,first time i heard it make horrendous noises,i said to my friend whos PC it was that it sounds like its dying.He told me thats just normal operation.I really dont get why AIO's are so popular.Can be incredibly loud,and not much cooling edge over top end air either,aswell as being more expensive.

It boggles the mind man

The only thing loud in mine is when the fans ramp up to 50% it creates a weird vibration , after 60% or below 50% it's fine . Below is inaudible and above is a farly clear and pronounced woooosh . Air HSF from phanteks was quieter but performed worse . The difference I see In water and air is how the temps climb and peak rather than the added benefit of extra Cooling . Water makes it rather more mananagabke without dumping hot air back in the case depending on how you AIO is configured to draw air

Soldato
My H100i is completely quiet and by that it's really quiet, using some SP120s fans instead of stock. I didn't purchase it with extreme overclocks in mind, it was more for its tidiness look, without the bulk of a mammoth air cooler or expensive water cool set up. It's just very aesthetically pleasing. As for if/when it breaks, well, it's very easy to remove (quick 5 minute job), unlike the fiddling about of a full water cooled setup. It also has a 5 year warranty, so it breaking is none issue, as it'll be replaced.

I've nothing against normal air cool/full water cool setups, but AIO coolers defo have a place in the market (as they do) and from first hand experience (running fine for well over a year and a bit now), it runs uber quiet and does a fantastic job.

Last edited:
Associate
i have had almost all the corsair range over the last few years and my latest one h110 and up to now never had any problems with them even with the fans at full speed to me is ok, but the only reason now am thinking of an custom loop is only down to looks.and you will get ocuk to come on to help you spend your money they are their to make money. go with what you can afford you can always upgrade when you get the chance to do so.

Associate

Agreed with this. An AIO could be useful if you're doing a SFF build with limited space around the CPU socket, but given the choice I would for something like a D14 or Silver Arrow every time.

It doesn't look ghetto as hell, and it's much quieter and more reliable. So what if you lose 3-5 degrees at full load? You get a change in that depending on what game you're playing or what the weather's like outside.

People mentioning you can reduce the noise by swapping the fans on Corsair AIOs - by that time you're approaching £130+ and may as well just get a custom loop.

Associate
If you're doing second-hand prices you can pick up a decent air cooler for £20-30 or bits for a custom loop cheaply too.

I over-estimated the price of a H110i a bit, but I think comparing retail vs. retail is fair, and far more reliable than 'some price my mate got down the market' - I picked up a CNPS12x for £15 last year, but it doesn't really make a fair comparison.

Right now on OCUK I can pick up a H110i for 99.95 + two SP140s for 10.49 each making £120.93. Doesn't the H110i come with unbranded SP140s anyway? Either way, two quieter 140mm fans are going to run you around £10 each at least.

Associate
Great arguments made here about the pros and cons.
i feel more settled now after hearing some of the "pros" compared to hearing nothing but "cons"

i feel much happier now knowing that yes ok there might be something better out there, but again for the time being and based on current budget i think i made the right choice.

Also i use my computer 90% of the time with headset on so sound is never a real issue for me.

plus the fans in my new build i just bought the Carbide 500r i turned it on and was gobsmacked , i had to double check that the damm thing was on as it was running so silent compared to my 8 year old Thermal take Armor case.

Associate
If you're doing second-hand prices you can pick up a decent air cooler for £20-30 or bits for a custom loop cheaply too.

I over-estimated the price of a H110i a bit, but I think comparing retail vs. retail is fair, and far more reliable than 'some price my mate got down the market' - I picked up a CNPS12x for £15 last year, but it doesn't really make a fair comparison.

Right now on OCUK I can pick up a H110i for 99.95 + two SP140s for 10.49 each making £120.93. Doesn't the H110i come with unbranded SP140s anyway? Either way, two quieter 140mm fans are going to run you around £10 each at least.

Actually the retail SP140s are worse performing, and the stock fans are very good for what they are. I would likely just stick to 99.95 for the cooler and call it a day.

I am staying out of this whole air vs AIO vs custom loop business, my part is to simply provide the facts and findings and let you guys decide what you want :D

Associate
I am staying out of this whole air vs AIO vs custom loop business, my part is to simply provide the facts and findings and let you guys decide what you want :D

Smart choice :)

At the end of the day, its a matter of self preference. We simply have to choose one cooling solution over the other based on what we think is best for our build, provided that you've already accounted all necessary info to make that decision. One thing is for certain, AIO coolers have already made its mark in the CPU cooling industry as being viable and effective at the same time. It is here to stay and I don't see any sign of it slowing down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom