Corsair H50 or Noctua NH-U12P

Soldato
Thats a very nice clean setup, I'm inspired :)

Just curious why you have the h50 exhausting, won't that draw the warm air from inside the case over the radiator while intake would draw cool air from outside the case over the radiator? Or did you try both ways and find exhaust better?

Mines set to exhaust as well. I found that the hot air exhausting out of the gpu at the back was heating the air around the back of my case a lot so setting the H50 to intake wasn't the logical option. Also i didn't like the idea of a non-filtered intake and clogging the rad with dust (quickly) :/ I've got good air flow now so my exhaust setup is fine.

Associate
I replaced my Noctua cooler (set up push / pull with Apache fans) with a H50 on my Q6600 rig, have seen temps drop by about 6-8c. Very pleased!

Associate
I replaced my Noctua cooler (set up push / pull with Apache fans) with a H50 on my Q6600 rig, have seen temps drop by about 6-8c. Very pleased!
I did exactly the same, Q6600 @ 3.6 on a vid of 1.45. Temperatures also went down by a similar amount - which is nice.

I like the H50-1 as it just seems a neater solution to me than the megamehely-thingies. It also has the added benefit of being somewhat "gadgety". If I'm totally honest, technophilia is a factor in why I come here and buy computer bits Idon't really need. A much larger factor than any real need for 90% of the PC stuff I buy. Do I need a Q6600 at 3.6, a 5870, a SSD to shave 10 seconds off Windows launch? Of course not. Personal choice and fun.:D

Back
Top Bottom