Corsair PC10000

Associate
Not sure if its news or not, but they bench tested new corsair pc10k ddr2 memory on tomsharware today ( not gonna post the link cause I'm not sure if you can on this forum, they have links to competitors there). I'm bit curious if any1 can actually utilize that kinda power without going to phase cooling? (I bet easyrider gonna get a pair of those though ;) )

Last edited:
Associate
unde4d said:
Corsair should rename their topend range from Dominator to the E-penis.

I am sure 'E-penis' would get more press and it sounds strangely more catchy than boring old 'dominator'...reminds me of dominoes pizza neways:D

I am running my e6600 @3.6 and my g.skill is running at stock speeds (orthos prefers 1-1 :rolleyes: ) so what when would you need that corsair ram?....when trying to do a super oc on a e6300 1-1 :confused: ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Obviously the PC10000 is not meant as a mainstream part suitable for all users. However, there are many enthusiasts in the world that want that type of memory capability. It's just like digital drag racing and for many it is a hobby.

Associate
Yellowbeard said:
Obviously the PC10000 is not meant as a mainstream part suitable for all users. However, there are many enthusiasts in the world that want that type of memory capability. It's just like digital drag racing and for many it is a hobby.

I see what you are saying but give some examples. My G.SKILL can go over 1.1ghz EASY but with my chip I would never get to this speed 1-1 anyway.

An true enthusiast as you describe would have end chip with higher multiplier so I just fail to see how the memory would be effectively utilized :confused: Then at the overclockers end someone who picks low end components to overclock the hell out of them would be wanting best bang for buck ect.

E-PENIS would be the primary reason for getting this ram ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not every enthusiast is an egotistical e-penis weilder. I personally am a VERY pragmatic person and do not get my jollies trying to jon the DDR1400 club. But, Corsair offers the best OCing memory in the world for those that do want them. Right now, this is it.

Back
Top Bottom