Corsair PSU and cooling

Associate
I have a corsair PSU hx520.

The PSU air inlet is suspended 1cm above a Sycthe Ninja heatsink with onlt a 1cm gap between the case side and the heatsink. This means hotair is pushed up into the PSU for "cooling" its components!

I was thinking of reversing the PSU round and drilling an airinlet into the roof of the case. Has anyone seen this done? If so how do you prevent dust getting in? Does it mean the PSU is a little quitier (I think hot air = louder heatsink!)

Well, is my processor is working hard- ie 60% load + the psu air is hotter, even though the actual PSU power output is only 20 watts different (I have zalman fan controller :D ).

I guess I could place a model board duct over the Heatsink to the rear fan . THis would force air for the PSU to be taken from space before the heatsink which should be cooler??

you didnt answer my question lol. is it hot or not? my corsair ran luke worm in this:

8800gtx_in_soprano.jpg

now its in my mozart tx its stone cold (draws air from the outside). but thats the not the point, the point is, if the psu is running cool there's just no point in hacking up your case. the psu fan will spin up if it needs to to keep the psu at working tempreatures.

Well the output air at the moment is ok cool! I think I was a little worried abot the close proximity! I am considering mounting a 5.25 drive bay fan, maybe the scythe kama bay (or my own, home made plus nexus fan!) which should create much better airflow in the case! (Cooler master centurion rc534 plus - room for 3 times 120mm fans and one times 80mm fan - in "traditional arrangement). The Front inlet is mediocre and is really just to cool the HDD.

DSC00284.JPG

Back
Top Bottom