Cosmos 2 Upgrade

Associate
I'm going to be upgrading my build from an older but still great 780 Ti to a Asus Poseidon 1080 Ti and I need a bit of advice on the setup I'm thinking of putting together, money also isn't really a problem but I would prefer to keep costs down.

My list so far of what I'm thinking of:
Current Case: Cosmos 2
Current CPU: i7 4770K
CPU Block: Raystorm Pro RGB WaterBlock V3
GPU: Asus Poseidon 1080 Ti
Radiator: HW Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 360 / HW Labs Alpha Extreme iii 360
Reservoir: Monsoon MMRS Two / Monsoon M2
Pump: EK D5 PWM G2
Fittings: ID/OD 7/16" / 5/8" 12/16mm G1/4"
Tubing: ID/OD 7/16" / 5/8" 16/11mm
Coolant: Mayhems Ultra Pure H2O

The problem is the Cosmos 2 case that I have has a annoyingly small space for radiators up top which I think is up to a max of about 65mm including fans, I even had trouble fitting my H105 in years ago but managed to get it in and now in hindsight makes me wish I got a Corsair 900D at the time.
If possible I would rather not mod or hack anything off the case but I can if needed and in terms of the best radiator that will fit the top I was thinking of either of the smaller HW Lab rads or are there any better for solutions?

The next 2 questions are about the reservoir since there's 2 models of the Monsoon bay res', with the Monsoon MMRS is it still possible to simply just buy a pump cover like the one that is already fitted to the M2 and put it directly on since that actually saves around about £25? And do either models still come with the silver anti-bacterial plugs or am I going to need to get a kill coil?

I'm also thinking of putting in a Y fitting and valve at the bottom of my loop to use as a drain port, or would there be any better ways to drain the loop?

Back
Top Bottom