cosmos looks very poor

Soldato
The tracking will get better over time, The Rift S took around 6 months before all the tracking kinks were ironed out, When they improve that it will be worlds better but for me and my eyesight the tiny sweetspot made it unusable.

I disagree. Oculus are excellent at software optimisation. I don’t think htc will manage to match them in that area at all.

Soldato
I think I can comfortably predict this one. Anyone who has faith in HTC bettering or matching Oculus in the software department is a bit silly.

Oh I know Facebooks software team are lightyears ahead of what HTC has as FB has got a lot of money to throw at top talent, John Carmack for one, But I wouldn't write off the Cosmos just yet, It may take more time than the Rift S to fully get the Cosmos' tracking on point but it will get there.

Soldato
Oh I know Facebooks software team are lightyears ahead of what HTC has as FB has got a lot of money to throw at top talent, John Carmack for one, But I wouldn't write off the Cosmos just yet, It may take more time than the Rift S to fully get the Cosmos' tracking on point but it will get there.

I'm edging more towards writing it off.
Why should users pay top dollar for a product which realistically hasn't left BETA testing re: its tracking?

Its falling into the pimax territory of just not consumer friendly enough.

Associate
What happened to the pimax, isn't that the shizzle? With its 4k oled screens or something?

Main issues are:

1) Wide FOV causes artifacts / distortion on the far edges of the screen
2) Pimax software isn't at the same level as Oculus / Valve etc
3) You will be hard pressed to get decent frames even with top end graphics cards

If you can live with all that then it's defo an option!

Soldato
Main issues are:

1) Wide FOV causes artifacts / distortion on the far edges of the screen
2) Pimax software isn't at the same level as Oculus / Valve etc
3) You will be hard pressed to get decent frames even with top end graphics cards

If you can live with all that then it's defo an option!
Can you slightly lower the fov to combat this?
You can just use the oculus software, it's compatible?
Even 2080ti?

Associate
Can you slightly lower the fov to combat this?
You can just use the oculus software, it's compatible?
Even 2080ti?

Yea you can reduce the fov to around 150 and it will get rid of most of the issues aparantly. I haven't tried the headset so not 100% sure.

2080ti still struggles in some games depending on graphics options.

Back
Top Bottom