Cost of fitting / painting Bodykit?

Suspended
Muncher said:
For a top quality job I've been quoted £1,800 to respray my front clam :o
That sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Give Vale Cottage Motors a call on 02083481159. They do a lot of respray work on a friend's cars and he's always recommending them to me.

Soldato
It always amazes me the difference in spray shop prices. I got my RSAP front bumper, bonnet, both wings, both wing mirror housings and the rear bumper done in pearlescent paint for £400. This also included prep work to remove two rust spots where my car had had mud flaps cut into the wings as well as sanding down a scuffed area on front bumper.

They did an excellent job and this was the place my local Ford reccomended.

Associate
From MrSix earlier in the thread, it costs a lot more than you think. £400 is a silly price to aim for and if you do get it done at that price then you will be dissapointed. I recon 700-900 for an ample job. Also i would whip out the haynes and fit it yourself- its a lot easier than you think and you can save money, which then means you can spend more on getting it sprayed.

Soldato
[huzeeee] said:
From MrSix earlier in the thread, it costs a lot more than you think. £400 is a silly price to aim for and if you do get it done at that price then you will be dissapointed. I recon 700-900 for an ample job. Also i would whip out the haynes and fit it yourself- its a lot easier than you think and you can save money, which then means you can spend more on getting it sprayed.

I just don't see why. Everywhere round me charges in general £100 per panel and that includes prep and basecoat. With a bodykit that already comes prepped with primer there is a lot less work to do. Fitting the skirts is just a matter of gluing them on and the bumpers aren't difficult to get on and off.

Associate
to get both bumpers and skirts done id say at least £500 for a decent job.
if u get it done make sure you go to a respectable place, not one in a back alley offering a cheap job. the differnce between a good job and a bad job is immense.

Back
Top Bottom