Cost of points for vmware cloud provider programme

Soldato
anyone hazard an (educated) guess at cost per point? VMware seems to be doing their best to hide this figure from us!

I think we will be buying well in excess of 100k + points a year

Google gives me figures from $1 to $100 per point!

better still anyone on this program give me ideas of costing?

I know the exact figures depend on what extras you use but if I know the cost per point its a starting position

(obviously someone will be getting the exact figures from some where at some point but im interested to know what the figures might be)

Last edited:
Soldato
Usually in my experience its best to get a VAR involved at this point - go directly to VMWare and you'll get ripped off. Same with Cisco. Get multiple decent VARs involved and each will want the business and will get you the best quotes.

Associate
anyone hazard an (educated) guess at cost per point? VMware seems to be doing their best to hide this figure from us!

I think we will be buying well in excess of 100k + points a year

Google gives me figures from $1 to $100 per point!

better still anyone on this program give me ideas of costing?

I know the exact figures depend on what extras you use but if I know the cost per point its a starting position

(obviously someone will be getting the exact figures from some where at some point but im interested to know what the figures might be)

£6

Soldato
Usually in my experience its best to get a VAR involved at this point - go directly to VMWare and you'll get ripped off. Same with Cisco. Get multiple decent VARs involved and each will want the business and will get you the best quotes.

You must have some rubbish account managers. The relationship I have with VMWare and Cisco I get full transparency of cost, profit etc the same with my software reseller.

Soldato
You must have some rubbish account managers. The relationship I have with VMWare and Cisco I get full transparency of cost, profit etc the same with my software reseller.

Nice for you - most places under a certain size use VARs, it's just a simple fact of life. VMWare/Cisco aren't interested in you unless you have a significant spend/investment/numbers with them. Hence why there's a huge amount of VARs around. The fact that the OP doesn't mention that he has a VMWare AM means he'll go through th generic sales line, you're not going to get the best results for cost there, that's a fairly basic fact.

Soldato
OP
Urgh - just seen the original post was from months ago. Ignore :)

Nope I'm still interested in what people have to say on the matter .

We will be burning about £30k a month on points.. 2 small for vmware they told us we would have to get from a var...
They still cannot provide the cost calculator, they just say it will be cheaper when we have to stump up the new licensing which suggests to me its going to be a lot more expensive (or they would give us the costings / calculator

Associate
If you want to go to 10800+ points a month also be aware you need to have 2 x VCP-DCV's and a rough cost for 10800 is £0.51 per point, and then it depends on which 'bundle' you take as to how many points per reserved GB of memory. A standardish bundle will cost around 8points per GB and that is reserved memory upto 24GB, if you don't reserve memory then you get a 50% discount.

Back
Top Bottom