Could someone tell me what these are ?

Soldato
I got these a few years a go with some old camera stuff from a family member, I ended up selling the other bits but found these a few days a go when I was looking for something else.

What are they for and if they are worth anything ?
04swm2s.jpeg kixa1VB.jpeg w6fnrsQ.jpeg SGCRhce.jpeg

Caporegime
Step up/ Step down adaptor for filters.

You have a 82mm filter, but your lens is 77mm, you use a Step up (i think this is the right way round) filter so the LARGER filter fits on a smaller lens.

These are like a few quid for a pack for a cheap brand, instead of spending like £100 for another 77mm filter.

Those are nice B+W, but they make no difference to image quality.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Step up/ Step down adaptor for filters.

You have a 82mm filter, but your lens is 77mm, you use a Step up (i think this is the right way round) filter so the LARGER filter fits on a smaller lens.

These are like a few quid for a pack for a cheap brand, instead of spending like £100 for another 77mm filter.

Those are nice B+W, but they make no difference to image quality.
Thank I had no idea what I was looking at.

is it worth anything or should I just put it back in storage ?

Caporegime
The b+W one are like £20 for a smaller one to £50 for a larger one each when new (on Amazon) but the problem is that you can get a set with all the sizes from a No brand for like £20 or less.

So, they worth a bit, but would be hard to shift because they are essentially giant nut.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok thanks.

What about the other bits like glass lens, the plastic and other bits I assume they are something else.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
I got these a few years a go with some old camera stuff from a family member, I ended up selling the other bits but found these a few days a go when I was looking for something else.

What are they for and if they are worth anything ?
The bits labelled France with a diameter are all adapter rings from a cokin square filter set. The pola filter looks like a polarising filter for it. The big plastic bit is the square filter holder. Best guess is the A-series. No idea what the kenko adapter is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom