Could you spare a minute and help my friend's parents take on the Norwegian Government?

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Hi all,

A friend of mine's parents bought a property in Fyresdal in 2006 with the intention of emigrating there from the UK, farming the land and creating a holiday-home for tourists. The person who sold them the land later sold a large section of it to the Norwegian Department of Transport illegally and now the Norwegian Government are trying to force the sale of their land, obviously resulting in a large financial debt to them and ruining their dreams:

headersmallg.jpg

They would still deeply like to move to Norway but can't whilst they have to deal with this.

Here's an extract from them:

In 2006 we sold the home in Derbyshire, England. Then having gained approval from Fyresdal District Council with the business plans in a legal Concession document we purchased Ystesund Gard with a mortgage.(200 acres remote mountain Agricultural-Forestry place in Telemark, Norge.)

The sale was then registered in the National Land Deeds, however months on the person who sold us Ystesund Gard (Mr Kare Syvertsen) then again sold a large section of the vital Agricultural/Forest/Garden production land to the Norwegian Department of Transport. (Statens Vegvesen) This is illegal in Norwegian and International laws.

SV-Mesta then several times removed hundreds of wooden animal fencing poles we had erected before then smashing them up onto the meadows. (Animal health regulations stated the planned herd of 80 Cashmere Organic Goats and 2 Clydesdale Horses had to be controlled on the land).

Since then we have approached numerous offices there and been given the complete run around. We had to involve the English MEP. See the link below:- http://www.gleniswillmott.eu/dream-...ul”-behaviour-from-the-norwegian-authorities/

http://www.gleniswillmott.eu/its-not-too-late-for-action-to-help-paul-and-andrea-hodgkinson/

The Norwegian Government is doing it's best to hide this scandal from the world and now intending to force the sale of the farm in the Norwegian court system without us because we did not move in which was impossible as in addition it withheld broadband services vital to the tourism side of the business that was approved in the original Concession Document.

Statens Vegvesen's fraud and illegal land claim cannot be registered whilst we still own the property.[/url]

And if you wouldn't mind helping them out: sign their petition.

Can't type for toffee
Don
So wheres the original guy that sold the land gone to?
pocketed his money and ran?
And now the gov are trying to take the land?

The transaction should have never occured as he wasn;'t the land owner surely?
signed!

EDIT: Or not, work firewall goin bonkers lol

POB

POB

Soldato
Before I sign, can you explain how a petition will help when the MEP has failed?

Is this an official petition like the ones our government (had/has) and if enough votes were received they had to reply (with a lame response)?

Man of Honour
It's going to be difficult to convince them as they aren't a member of the EU so they will probably ignore anything that article says.

It does sound dodgy but there are usually two sides to every story...

Man of Honour
Surely they just get a Lawyer who knows the Norweigan system and it should be sorted pretty easy.... Can't be that hard based on what you've said to prove they own the land...

Signed none-the less

kd

I imagine (and certainly hope) they do have a Norwegian lawyer involved to some extent, which is why there must be more to this than they are letting on.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the votes so far, appreciated :).

So wheres the original guy that sold the land gone to?
pocketed his money and ran?
And now the gov are trying to take the land?!

Presumably. It's all third-hand information to me so I can't necessarily answer that but it all sounds very dodgy if he sold the same land twice.

Before I sign, can you explain how a petition will help when the MEP has failed?

Is this an official petition like the ones our government (had/has) and if enough votes were received they had to reply (with a lame response)?

It's not an official one no.

I know they have made some progress through the MEP but I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post to be honest.

I think it's mostly just a case of spreading the word, so that it doesn't just go through silently and if enough people are aware of what's happening there's a chance they may rethink. A few news sources e.g. BBC News have picked up on it so if the momentum carries on who knows what might happen.

There's no harm in trying anyway I guess.

Surely they just get a Lawyer who knows the Norweigan system and it should be sorted pretty easy.... Can't be that hard based on what you've said to prove they own the land...

Signed none-the less

kd

I think the issue is that the Government are making it hard for them and naturally they will have very good lawyers. They have (and I can link to if anyone's interested) several scanned documents showing their ownership of the land.

Man of Honour
I think the issue is that the Government are making it hard for them and naturally they will have very good lawyers. They have (and I can link to if anyone's interested) several scanned documents showing their ownership of the land.

How good their lawyers are shouldn't really matter if what they are doing is perfectly legal, it should be straight forward.

Back
Top Bottom