Counter-Strike 2

What aim trainer would ya'll suggest?

I used to play CSS in its early days fairly well, but that was a long time ago... CS2 has hooked me, but I'm rusty and need training!

You sat in a queue for over 45 minutes? wild.

Almost, yea, I gave up after 55 mins and closed the game. 30 mins later, I tried again and found something after 10 mins. It's all over the place, and the counter just increases in time despite the amount of people also searching for a game.

What were you Searching for? Premier has never been longer than 5 minutes at worst for us, whether its solo, duo, 3 or 5

I've been mainly trying to find casual deathmatch lobbies as I want to refresh weapon handling skills. I don't know what prime is, saw it was enabled but I'm assuming this will be a paid option to get priority queues? If so, I'll uninstall lol. I'm not paying to find games quicker.

What balancing issues have you had? Only thing I've noticed so far is the matchmaking being inconsistent due to all the ranks being hard reset. Only played premier mode so far.

Spray doesn't feel consistent, M4 is laughably low dmg, object hitboxes are just questionable... Grenades bouncing off thin air... The slow down when shot is OTT and needs to be dialled back. And I've got a gig internet with very low ping, on the right tick rates and all that, yet still questionable misses from a shot that should have hit. It just feels lofty and nothing connects as it should.

You think this is worse then CS:GO then? I think It's a lot better then that in every sense. Feels so much smoother to me. They have changed the spray though I feel, but that should be fine once you get used to it (I've always been terrible at spraying).

Glad they've added the legacy crosshair so I can finally replicate the one I had in CS Source.

I skipped CSGO, I came from CS1.6 to CSS, CSS being my main CS game and back then, I played pretty competitively. CS2 feels much closer to CSS than 1.6 or GO, at least to me. But it doesn't feel as predictable as I would have expected. Maybe I need more time, but right now, I'll avoid until a few patches have been out.

This was happening to me last night when I played, which I thought initially were people hacking. I'm on Virgin media 350mb broadband. I've only seen this in the past when one person had very high ping or my internet was having issues.

Yep, that feels familiar.

The fact you skipped CSGO is probably why you're feeling this way. CSGO was an amalgamation of 1.6 & Source which kinda worked, but was quirky af for the reasons you've mentioned. CS2 is mechanically identical™ to CSGO. Movement's the same, damage the same, recoil patterns the same etc. People say it "feels" different but it's not.

Valve made changes and people whined so they put it back, and even released footage proving it's the same. CS2 mechanics that _have_ changed such as hitreg is objectively better. The problem is that we've a) Become used to subliminally correcting ourselves, and b) the servers are overloaded like crazy right now.

My first few games were absolutely incredible. Now that more people are playing it's noticeably laggy, especially when player on far-eastern servers.

Ah, thanks, that also makes a lot of sense why my movement feels so stiff, I guess it's time to relearn the whole game lol

Well, I tried a couple of games again yesterday, but this time I put movement overlay on and was watching my acceleration and speed... Counterstrafing is what I was missing big time. It's essential in this CS. It's going to take me a little while to get used to it as it's so strong if not done properly you basically say goodbye to any decent quick fire you might get off.

As for the peekers advantage, it's just broken, it's all down to who swings out first and who swings out the best for peeks. Still, this needs some fixing.

Back
Top Bottom