Counter-Strike 2

Associate
Been following the rumours for a while now, but with all things valve it's best not to get too excited and just wait it out

I suspect it'll just be csgo updated to source 2, no major changes at first but more changes to come i the future.

Soldato
There won't be any actual difference to graphics, gameplay or anything anytime soon.

The source 1 engine and CSGO's code is so old and full of oddities that this will just allow valve to make changes easier in the future.

The game is breaking player records week on week on week, there's no way they'd risk changing too much right now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There won't be any actual difference to graphics, gameplay or anything anytime soon.

The source 1 engine and CSGO's code is so old and full of oddities that this will just allow valve to make changes easier in the future.

The game is breaking player records week on week on week, there's no way they'd risk changing too much right now.

Yep. It would hurtz their numbers if they changed anything now.

Soldato
I can’t be the only old-ish CS player that thinks updated graphics will slightly ruin the mechanics of the game?

Updated graphics = easier to hide = less importance to aim etc. I dunno. I don’t play at a high level anymore so it’s fairly irrelevant. It’ll be fun to see if/when it comes out.

Soldato
I can’t be the only old-ish CS player that thinks updated graphics will slightly ruin the mechanics of the game?

Updated graphics = easier to hide = less importance to aim etc. I dunno. I don’t play at a high level anymore so it’s fairly irrelevant. It’ll be fun to see if/when it comes out.

With you on that, one of the reasons battlefield 3 never clicked with me and i lost interest in the series. They're using source 2 here though, it's not a million miles away from what already got with the same level of fidelity and simplicity.

Kind of hoping there's some VR functionality or announcement on the back of this. Valve very much owe the VR scene they pretend to preside over a version of CS, it's a genre that works incredibly well in VR.

Soldato

CS Source was an abomination to CS 1.6 diehards.

Yet here we are, drowning in players to this day and it's going for another upgrade.

Associate
Looks good, love the changes to smoke.

You can see in the design its all brighter for more visual clarity.

Let hope that this new tick rate is game improving but will only know when tested.

Back
Top Bottom