Couples Gaming

Don
Guys,

Does anyone play games with their missis/mr? I'm sure there are some long standing members who used to play something Gears, COD, FIFA, Forza, etc with myself and my other half. We've never stopped although she has has pauses from playing every now and then, usually churning out babies and such.

We're back playing Fortnite after a year off, we are very much looking forward to Modern Warfare. If anyone is in a similar position add us. I think my EPIC name for Fortnite is andybtsn but my PSN is BabaGimp (don't ask) and the other half is Sarahbtsn (formerly GandyCane).

Also play CTR, Blackout, Rocket League at the mo.

This thread brings back some memories. Alrik, Krono, Miss K, dannyjo, Gimpy, Sid, gord, Squinoogle, da_mic, cheet, kreeee people have moved on it seems :( Gears was one of the best highlights of MP gaming, we played loads of games of fortnite last night and folk don't even speak anymore!

Last edited:
Soldato
Me and the missus play Fifa together... She's actually alright at it as well.... We loved playing the last of us but when it got to the bloater parts she'd pause and pass me the control :p Now we have the PC she's constantly on it playing Pubg and I don't get a chance unless I stay up gone 11pm :p

Associate
Guys,

This thread brings back some memories. Alrik, Krono, Miss K, dannyjo, Gimpy, Sid, gord, Squinoogle, da_mic, cheet, kreeee people have moved on it seems :( Gears was one of the best highlights of MP gaming, we played loads of games of fortnite last night and folk don't even speak anymore!

First wow I'm not listed

2nd everyone still around, just not every night.

Alrik still playing halo 5, krono and miss k not on much, but he plays halo wars with kreee, dannyo on destiny and g0rd trying to get good at destiny PvP :)

Everyone just playing different things. Not one game anymore where everyone jumps in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah, I still recognise all of those names. We had great games. My other half plays some Destiny, but isn't keen on the pace of MP. We did buy the coop game A Way Out, haven't finished it yet but we enjoyed what we played of it.
g0rd trying to get good at destiny PvP
Took a beating last night :(. Trying to get Not Forgotten now..

Don
OP
Sorry dredd, I definitely remember you. You’re still on our Xbox FL. I didn’t know if it was when we went to PS4 that everyone was still on XBL. I’m hoping and guessing most games will have cross platform soon!

I feel late 2000s we’re the best for online gaming and now everyone plays it but doesn’t communicate. Or have just sacked it off as we are all old now.

Associate
Co-op games are great for this. Check out Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime; Battleblock Theatre; Blazerush; Rayman etc. All great and (at the risk of stereotyping) lady-friendly games.

Caporegime
Isn't there a casual weekly GTA night? I saw it in GD i'm sure where they go on and do the races. Racing in GTA appeals to most folk even those that don't like racing games as it's just mayhem and there is rubber banding meaning you don't want to be in pole position unless you have a very substantial lead. you want to be second just behind one to pull ahead just before the finish line.

there was also a course which was popular because it was an oval, simple and quick. so easiest way for everyone to make money fast as a race lasted less than a minute.

Associate
Sorry dredd, I definitely remember you. You’re still on our Xbox FL. I didn’t know if it was when we went to PS4 that everyone was still on XBL. I’m hoping and guessing most games will have cross platform soon!

I feel late 2000s we’re the best for online gaming and now everyone plays it but doesn’t communicate. Or have just sacked it off as we are all old now.

You went PS4, abandoned us ;)

360 online started to grow rapidly, everyone was playing gears and halo.

Associate
Ah, I still recognise all of those names. We had great games. My other half plays some Destiny, but isn't keen on the pace of MP.

Was great hearing her play anthem. You trying to help.
Sure she started to teach you a few things in the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm working on the getting the other half interested in Sea of Thieves....trouble is she's quite happy just watching me sailing around on the projector

Man of Honour
Alrik still playing halo 5, krono and miss k not on much, but he plays halo wars with kreee, dannyo on destiny and g0rd trying to get good at destiny PvP :)

Everyone just playing different things. Not one game anymore where everyone jumps in.

Krono and I have played twice this year... in fact I've seen him more often in person than online despite living in different countries!

Alrik now lives on the other side of the world so that completely killed online gaming for us, but I can't seem to get rid of him completely and we're in touch via video calls occasionally.

I play games like Overcooked, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, and other same-screen coop games with the wife but I do miss the online sessions we used to have despite the group becoming friends "in real life".

Maybe Gears of War or Halo Infinite will bring some people back. I certainly plan on playing both of those.

Edit: I think the bigger issue with people "moving on" is (despite most of us now having kids and wives) that the forums just aren't social any more. Where are the gaming meet-ups that we used to have such as the West Wales LAN? Where are the threads looking for groups to play games together?

It's all a bit anti-social these days, just like facebook :p

Edit 2:

Definitely this.

Edit 3:
360 online started to grow rapidly, everyone was playing gears and halo.

Back then it was either Halo, Gears, or CoD if you were playing online, and you would play the same game for years so it was easier to play with a regular group of people. There is so much choice now and so many new big-hitters that the community is fragmented.

I've been playing hundreds of hours of Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate online in the evenings since the Switch was launched, but as Billy no mates on my own.

Last edited:
Soldato
There was a time, during the Xbox 360 era when having voice comms on console online gaming was a cool new thing and it was quite fun to jump on games and play and chat with other people. Nowadays most public lobbies are full of squeakers and idiots, so I just never bother with comms unless I'm in a party with someone I know.

I played a lot of Halo online back on the OG Xbox using...that tunneling software I forget the name of, and quite a lot on the 360. COD:MW on 360 got rinsed. Never really been a Gears fan.

Had good crowd here on PS4 for Destiny, sunk ~1500 hours into it. Should get the gang back together for some old raids :>

Man of Honour
Let's get on Gears when it comes out, if only for a few days/weeks it would be nice to play with OcUKers again.

I'll get Butterfingers Krono to play.

Back
Top Bottom