• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

cpu and board for htpc query

Soldato
well it all depends on your definition of loud tbh .. im using a antec micro fusion case which has 3 fans. i can hear it .. but is it the cpu or the case ? i couldnt tell you :( i am running the mobo in performance mode instead of power save mode mind .. not fiddle with it much .. and i know theres the usual switch antec to slow the fans down .. not been bothered tho.

its not an issue for me .. but some people are sentive to such things

at the end of the day if you dont like the cooler just change it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
its quite amazing how much onvoard graphics have come tbh .. i plau enemey territory still ( 6 year old game .. but i can pump the detail up to max ... the rez is stuck at 720p but i'm not bothered at the zie tv i'm playing at.

newer games will struggle ...but do you expect on mobo :) its a media centre build at the end of the day

Associate
The original spec looks good to me, and might even make it into my next HTPC project :)

I never realised AMD were such cracking prices, its been a long time since I've owned an AMD setup.

Back
Top Bottom