CPU cooling

Associate
Im just about to buy a new computer and atm ive put a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro in there, but i just found out that the noise is around 28.2Db

that sounds kinda high yo me but i was wondering if you guys can suggest a better cpu cooler, or maybe asure me that this one isnt that loud?

Another quick thing would you change anything from this spec?

q6600
asus p5q pro
Kingston 4GB DDR2 1066MHz
ati 4850 gfx
WD 640gb hard drive
coolermaster CM690 with 520w modular psu
hiper 120mm case fans

thanks in advance

Associate
Im just about to buy a new computer and atm ive put a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro in there, but i just found out that the noise is around 28.2Db

that sounds kinda high yo me but i was wondering if you guys can suggest a better cpu cooler, or maybe asure me that this one isnt that loud?

q6600
asus p5q pro
ati 4850 gfx
WD 640gb hard drive
hiper 120mm case fans

thanks in advance

Nice setup. I'd suggest you do invest in a proper PSU, however - Corsair are very much the rated PSU around here, but just make sure its a well reknowned branded model.

As for heatsink, well, different people have different favourites, I'd suggest a look at frostytech.com for choosing a heatsink to suit.

Personally I can recommend any of the following: Tuniq Tower, Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, Xigmatek SDT-1283

Caporegime

that sounds kinda high to me but i was wondering if you guys can suggest a better cpu cooler, or maybe asure me that this one isnt that loud?

q6600
asus p5q pro
ati 4850 gfx
WD 640gb hard drive
hiper 120mm case fans

thanks in advance
You have quite a nice system picked there, the arctic freezer is a nice cooler if you want to run your system at stock speed, or mildly overclocked, if you want to overcock the noctua heatsinks arent to bad, if you want extreme overclocks the thermalright ultra is the cooler of choice, but you have to buy a fan or 2 fans separately:)

Back
Top Bottom