CPU Fan control

Associate
Hi, Could anyone help me. I have an Advent PC based on a MS-7046 v1.X Mobo and it is driving me mad in terms of noise. The installed cooler seems to run near silent until any 3d application comes along or hard drive access performed when it seems to jump to 100% and can seemingly wake the dead. This a problem as I am an avid gamer.
I want to know if it is possible to alter the fan speeds in the way I can alter the fan on my X850XT graphics card through ATiTray or Tool?

Many thanks in anticipation

Associate
OP
Raikiri said:
Try speedfan, doubt it will work on that motherboard buy you may get lucky.

Otherwise get a new heatsink

Thanks will do. In the medium term I want to fit a Thermaltake Big Typhoon, just worried about it being a tight fit in a MicroATX case. Do think I could get away with it?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Raikiri said:
that cooler is huge, does the northbridge cooler or agp slot get in the way at all?

It would be a very tight fit in an mATX case

I think it would clear the northbridge cooler as the heatpipes lift the fan itself high above the board. In fact cooler in place is not that much smaller in terms of it width and length and is actually higher (it has a funnel attached to the fan which blows out? air to a side panel grill)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have downloaded speedfan and luckily my board appears to support it but going through it step by step but I am stuck almost straight away. I have clicked the configure tab and have 5 temp readings: 3 Winbond W83627THF readings, one HD reading and an ACPI reading. I deduce the HD0 relates to my harddrive, and looking at the help info I know the Winbond one relate to CPU1 CPU2 and (CPU3?)but which is which and what does the ACPI reading mean?

Associate
OP
blackbull said:
I have downloaded speedfan and luckily my board appears to support it but going through it step by step but I am stuck almost straight away. I have clicked the configure tab and have 5 temp readings: 3 Winbond W83627THF readings, one HD reading and an ACPI reading. I deduce the HD0 relates to my harddrive, and looking at the help info I know the Winbond one relate to CPU1 CPU2 and (CPU3?)but which is which and what does the ACPI reading mean?

I am full of questions why would I have a reading of minus 48 on one of my Winbond readings?

Back
Top Bottom