• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU idle temp up to 60 C

Associate
Hi all,

I have a Ryzen 5600x , just bought this one ... The thing is sometimes is going up to 60 C on idle doing absoluty nothing , voltage goes up to 1.45v... thermal paste is enough (no to much or to less) Any advice about that ? ...

PC
CPU R5 5600x
Cooler BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 with 2 fans
Motherboard MSI MAG B550M
RAM 16GB 3200mhz
GPU MSI Gaming X Trio 3070 TI
PSU Corsair RM850
Case Corsair 4000D with 3 intake 3 exhaust fans

Associate
OP
Bios show the highest of 55 C. Im using HWMonitor , HWInfo ,Ryzen master to check my temp. I`ve closed msi center and icue. Same thing happen .. Funny thing is .. CPU temp rise to 50-60 while i`m on steam and clicking on store , library , community tabs temps increase .. or when i`m open any program is jumping to high temps... idk if thats normal. On Cinebench R23 doesn`t pass 57 C on multi/single core test.

Soldato
If it's hot in the bios then it's not software related, the issue is the cooler mounting and/or heat paste

Soldato
Ive had 3 ryzens - 1600, 2700x and 3600 - and theyve all idled quite high. Thats with different boards, air coolers or aio liquid coolers. Reading up on it AMD say its normal and its the monitoring software making the cpu think its got work to do so it runs hotter.

Soldato
Mine does the same, just randomly spikes to mid 50s. I just thought it was some background processes doing a short boosted workload.

Spikes are normal but he said he's getting those temps in the bios which is before it boosts and loads windows so load spikes are impossible in the bios

Associate
OP
Ok .. i`ve installed a new Cooler (Dark Rock Pro 4) / thermal paste (Grizzly Krynoaut) and is idle at 32 C .. Looks fine .. still pop to 50 C while opening a program for example (hwmonitor) but i think that`s normal. Maybe it was the cooler or maybe the paste i don`t know .. but happy now is running cool .. Thanks for all the advices guys

Back
Top Bottom