• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU intensive games

Permabanned
becnhmarks show better performance with SMT enabled even up to the 16 core 3950x, at least with stock clock speeds. Only once you get up to the 24 core 3960x does the performance not make any difference. I'm not sure why this is because as you said games don't need that many cores but having SMT on still improves minimum framerates a little bit.

I know back in the day there were a lot of games that performed worse with HT on but that's not the case anymore

Interesting, But which games? new ones yea? It indicates usage somehow... Windows? And if it stops at 24c then that means thats the sweespot 24c with SMT disabled and use the power and heat saving to overclock. Do you know where i could see the benchys or have you forgot? It happens to me when i see something but forget the source.

Soldato
Interesting, But which games? new ones yea? It indicates usage somehow... Windows? And if it stops at 24c then that means thats the sweespot 24c with SMT disabled and use the power and heat saving to overclock. Do you know where i could see the benchys or have you forgot? It happens to me when i see something but forget the source.

Its one of them

Associate
Minecraft. I know what you're gonna say but put on some of Sildurs extreme shaders and set the fps to unlimited. Wow the CPU gets hot quick. Also without shaders but setting the FPS to unlimited. That 2000fps causes the CPU to go to 100%

Back
Top Bottom