• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU + MOBO (SOLVED)

Associate
Hi guys, i have a i5-3570k and its a FCLGA1155 socket fit, would the LGA1155 be compatible with a LGA1151 or not, if not could anyone suggest a really good motherboard (pref. MSI) that fits with my CPU (i5-3570k), i want it to fit a ddr4 ram because i prefer ddr4

Soldato
Since your original post makes it seem you're about to buy a motherboard and some DDR4, I'll ask the question of whether it's really worth holding onto that old i5? If you have neither board nor memory right now, I certainly wouldn't think it is worthwhile to buy the right ones to fit a 5-year-old CPU... Buying components that are already end-of-line seems like a bad investment.

Soldato
Yep unless you can get a z68 or z77 board on the cheap (unlikely to happen) you would be just as well to sell it and go for something newer. Saying you prefer DDR4 seems a bit odd, because unless you go to the absolute extreme it'll make no difference. You could quite easily get a Z97 board and a kit of DDR3 and be at little to no disadvantage compared to newer options + you would save yourself a heap of cash.

Associate
Yep unless you can get a z68 or z77 board on the cheap (unlikely to happen) you would be just as well to sell it and go for something newer. Saying you prefer DDR4 seems a bit odd, because unless you go to the absolute extreme it'll make no difference. You could quite easily get a Z97 board and a kit of DDR3 and be at little to no disadvantage compared to newer options + you would save yourself a heap of cash.

I feel I should point out, before OP wastes any money, that a Z97 also would not support the 3570k.....

Socket 1155: P67, Z68, Z77
Socket 1150: Z87, Z97
Socket 1151: Z170, Z270

another option to consider is waiting a month or so for the 4 or 6 core ryzen R5 parts, as not only will the CPUs be cheaper, but can be supported on cheaper motherboards (mainly the B350 models)

Back
Top Bottom