CPU Not supported popup

Soldato
I get this all the time.

My I7 950 is not supported hardware.........W10 was not even around when this came out so why is it not supported on Windows 7 anymore?

I have issues using on as I don't have hardware drivers for it so i'm sticking to W7

Try the following:

The Solution:
We have found a workaround that gets rid of the problem. To confirm this update below is installed already, just go to CHECK FOR UPDATES. That is what makes the message appear. Or if you have Automatic Updates turned on it will show the next time the machine checks for updates.

1. In WIndows 7, go to your Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall a Program / View Installed Updates
  2. Search for Microsoft KB4015549, and uninstall it. It may also be labeled something like this:" 2017-04 Monthly Rollup- KB4015549"
  3. Reboot. This removes the problem
  4. To make sure it does not come BACK, check for updates again. It will find it AGAIN under Important Updates link on your updates page. Click that link and find KB401559 in the list.
  5. RIGHT Click and HIDE UPDATE. It should not show up again whether you do manual or auto updates.

Notes: Some others have mentioned repeating the same process in KB4012218, could also cause the problem, but we did not see this in our list. It could be part of the cumulative updates in the Roll Up mentioned in step #2. If you have this one showing in your list. Repeat the same process above. Except in Step #4 above, it will be under OPTIONAL Updates not Important Updates

Source: https://www.naplestech.com/kb40914-microsoft-unsupported-hardware-popup-message.html

Soldato
That message is the only reason I'm on Windows 10 now. But I have to admit, now I have it the way I want and got used to some of the quirks, I don't mind it.

Soldato
I Like W10 but due to issues with it on my hardware I am forced to stick with W7 atm.

Why my I7 950 is not supported on W7 all of a sudden when W10 was not even around when the I7 950 was released is a joke.

I still get Windows updates though so I just ignore it, states last updates installed on the 12-9-17

Soldato
Random memory management BSOD, after install the start menu stops working and once clicked on nothing else after this works.

had no issues when W10 first came out but then went back to W7 for troubleshooting issues but then tried W10 again and had further issues so didnt bother with it again

Man of Honour
Not had this on some hardware that supposedly does it using Windows 7 - but I've disabled all automatic updates and only apply updates now on the list of known updates that don't have telemetry and other MS BS which probably helps :s.

MS needs to get back to making an OS for the users.

Back
Top Bottom