• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU slower?

Associate
QX6700 meant to be 2.66GHz but when i go into "my computer" then right click for this box it shows:

cpu.jpg

see! showing it should be 2.66 but then its got 1.87 :confused: , is it meant to be like that?

Associate
OP
nope...

if your guesing then my ques qould be more along the lines of ram where you have to set the timings... but i dont know as that was a gues to.

theres a pic of PC Wizard:
cpu2.jpg

and another thing, why does it show in there as Q6300? its a QX6700 :confused:

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
As we are guessing it can't be the ram as it shows it @ 2gGb.

What about the way it reads it as single and you have to add it up to get your actual clock ?

At least this guessing is keeping it on front page until one of the clever ones tells us :p

BTW Have you been in the bios and looked at the settings iin there ?
How long have you had the system ? who built it if new etc

Associate
OP
malc30 said:
As we are guessing it can't be the ram as it shows it @ 2gGb.

What about the way it reads it as single and you have to add it up to get your actual clock ?

At least this guessing is keeping it on front page until one of the clever ones tells us :p

BTW Have you been in the bios and looked at the settings iin there ?
How long have you had the system ? who built it if new etc

I did, built it on Saturday.

CPU-Z:

cpu4.jpg

Caporegime
update bios

load factory defaults, is my best guess then.

also, is your CPU multiplier unlocked ? might be worth checking if its defaulting to a funny multiplier or FSB

also CPU speed has nothing to do with memory divider, memory speed or timings.

Obviously your memory speed does, but this is defined by your FSB and memory settings, not the other way round.

so im guessing either your multiplier is being detected wrongly, or the FSB is defaulting low due to it being a new chip

Caporegime
there will be an option in the bios somewhere, probably near the save feature, to "load factory defaults"

it will blank all your settings and load the settings the mobo manufacturer put in. If you've put something on that you didnt know about, which caused this

this will sort it

the other thing that i mentioned, is in the overclocking section of the bios, you will find an option to change the FSB, memory voltage, VCore voltage etc..

is there an option to set the multiplier there, if yours is the extreme edition, it will, if yours is the none extreme quad core, it wont :)

Soldato
PilotTait said:
fancy explaining how to do those things you just said :D

- Load factory defaults = ...
- CPU multiplier unlocked

many thanks!

In your bios there will be an option to load optimal settings or something along those lines, as for the cpu multi, try making it 9 or whatever its suppost to be.

Run orthos and then see what your frequency is please too

Last edited:
Associate
Isn't it something to do with Intel EIST being enabled in bios? I think this program lowers your CPU clock when its idle, try running SP2004 and see if it goes up.

EDIT, Looked at pics properly, if you change your multiplier to x10 you will have 10x266Mhz = 2.6ghz

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Don't panic, as already said 99% sure it is just the Intel version of "Cool & Quiet", run Prime 95 or something and watch it shoot up in CPU-Z :)

Caporegime
PilotTait said:
anything else i need to change to get it to run as its meant to?

8MB L2 Cache, need to do anything about that or will that be ok?

nope, thats 4meg per dual core CPU

its just 2 dualcore CPUs stuffed onto the same bit of sillicon so they each have their own 4meg of cache memory and manage it themselves.

Associate
OP
Just ran 3Dmark06, graphics tests were as smooth as a babys bottom lol, CPU tests were something else :confused: , real low FPS on the cpu tests...

games run perfect so im not really botherd but it was interesting to run it.

end result was a score of: 11423

any good?

Main Test Results
3DMark Score 11423 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 4576 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 4764 Marks
CPU Score 4072 Marks

Detailed Test Results

Graphics Tests
1 - Return to Proxycon 38.048 FPS
2 - Firefly Forest 38.215 FPS

CPU Tests