• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU Upgrade. Advice needed

Associate
OP
Was thinking about that but now with all the delays due to covid i was sceptical about it or afraid it might get lost. Think i will go for it!

Associate
Soldato
Not to go against the grain, but what does op use his pc for, if it's a pure gaming build isn't the 3600x or even 5600x better. If it's for streaming, and work stuff then yeah you are spot on.

Associate
Not to go against the grain, but what does op use his pc for, if it's a pure gaming build isn't the 3600x or even 5600x better. If it's for streaming, and work stuff then yeah you are spot on.
But wouldn't you recommend some future proofing for games with 8 cores for just £80? Unless the budget was extremely tight I'd agree with you but in all other cases I'd probably go for the 58.. well that's what I did anyway :)

Soldato
But wouldn't you recommend some future proofing for games with 8 cores for just £80? Unless the budget was extremely tight I'd agree with you but in all other cases I'd probably go for the 58.. well that's what I did anyway :)

Yeah there seems to be a lot of information flying about with cores and future proofing for games. HU seem to think that 6 core pure gaming rig would be fine as it's not the cores that's giving the games better improvement but the IPC and threads. Look at results from 59050x and compare it to the 5600x there's like maybe one or two FPS. It's all very confusing lately, but what is more important is getting a better GPU rather than blowing your money in a CPU that won't benefit you in games. I'm building a pc soon and I've gone from picking a 5950x to a 5900x then a 5800x now I'm looking at the 5600x. As the CPU gets cheaper the better GPU I can pick.

Back
Top Bottom