cpu wont downlclock?

Associate
been away for desktop for long time, so decide to give it a little oc, and now cool n quiet is not kicking in. its on in the bios and in the power profile to reduce min state but its not doing.

err, what i forget to do?

mobo in in sig, gigabyte k7 aourus x370 something

Soldato
What Power plan are you using in Windows settings?
You need to select Balanced there for use of power saving systems of hardware.

Associate
OP
got it set to balanced. checked the power plan too that 10% isthe min state available. im sure its that the multiplier is set at 35 than auto but there must be a way to OC with it still able to clock down fro power saving. its just been so long since i did stuff like this.

Associate
OP
My 2400g doesn't seem to down clock unless it's left in its default multiplier state and not overclocked. If it's overclocked in anyway, it just seems to sits pegged at its max clock ( but have low CPU usage as you would expect )

same though im sure i did the same before and it would still auto clock down

Associate
been away for desktop for long time, so decide to give it a little oc, and now cool n quiet is not kicking in. its on in the bios and in the power profile to reduce min state but its not doing.

err, what i forget to do?

mobo in in sig, gigabyte k7 aourus x370 something

Make sure both Cool n Quiet and Global C-States are on auto and not enabled. This worked for me after setting my overclock. If that still doesn't work, change to the high performance plan and set minimum processor state to 5%.

See if that helps..

Back
Top Bottom