CPW and Amazon refunds on phones?

Soldato
Ok sorry I know I've been repeating myself across a couple of threads here but I'm in a dither here :D

I persuaded myself that I should buy the OP6, so considering it was discounted on Amazon I jumped in and went for it. I'm now having doubts that it's too big and am looking at the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.

I couldn't find the A2 in any shop local to me, so I'm debating buying it from CPW just to compare it to the OP6.

CPW seem fine with you returning phones even if you've played with them. Has anyone done that ok? If I were to keep the OP6.

And then if I decide to keep the A2L, it seems like I can go through and get a return/refund on Amazon for the OP 6, has anyone done that? I haven't opened it yet, do you think they care either way? I keep reading that you can't get refunds on phones anymore, bit it definitely have me the option to refund to my card :confused:

Thanks!

Soldato
CPW is 14 days returns (if ordered online) and amazon is 30 days returns

as long as you keep the phones mint you will be fine.

Have returned to both plenty of times :)

Soldato
Have to echo the above comment, recently bought a XZ Premium that went bad not only that didn't like it either.

Arranged with Amazon to return it with no questions asked... the next day I posted it off for free and within 5 hours a refund was made and back in my bank within 3 days.

Soldato
OP
Great thanks guys, good to hear. What with extended returns for the Christmas period this works out quite nicely heh. So, no issues with Amazon specifically if the phone is opened etc?

Also make you enable OEM unlocking, so the phone isn't locked with your Google account :)
What does this mean? I was planning on signing into them with my Google account but probably won't out a sim in (as I don't have a nano SIM yet). Can I not just factory reset them?

Soldato
Great thanks guys, good to hear. What with extended returns for the Christmas period this works out quite nicely heh. So, no issues with Amazon specifically if the phone is opened etc?

What does this mean? I was planning on signing into them with my Google account but probably won't out a sim in (as I don't have a nano SIM yet). Can I not just factory reset them?

Oops, my bad, it's called "Factory Reset Protection"

https://www.androidcentral.com/factory-reset-protection-what-you-need-know

Associate
Do not buy from CPW in person... I went through a painful experience with a Mate 20 pro.

Pre-ordered with the expectation that the phone would be delivered to store on the 26th... Never happened so went down there to ask when it would be delivered, they effectively just turned around and stated "when it's delivered, it's delivered". No comms etc so I requested a refund and they refused telling me they only offer exchanges and to check your T&C's.

Taking into account there was no commitment on when they could supply the phone and refused a refund, they had my £899. Spoke to customer services etc and they were equally as unhelpful, in the end I went through my credit card company and have just received a refund 1 days ago...3 weeks to get my refund. This is without even receiving a phone, if you actually took the phone away I dread to think what the response would be.

Never again will I deal with this company..

Soldato
Hmn so basically if I want to be doubly sure I should manually remove my Google account before doing a factory reset? :)

And noted about CPW in person thanks!

Always do a software reset before returning, it will usually ask for a screen PIN or password before resetting... it will then do a factory reset.

Soldato
OP
I see the Mi A2 Lite is in a black Friday offer on Amazon now, so I guess I'll trust their returns and not bother with CPW!

Soldato
Do not buy from CPW in person... I went through a painful experience with a Mate 20 pro.

Pre-ordered with the expectation that the phone would be delivered to store on the 26th... Never happened so went down there to ask when it would be delivered, they effectively just turned around and stated "when it's delivered, it's delivered". No comms etc so I requested a refund and they refused telling me they only offer exchanges and to check your T&C's.

Taking into account there was no commitment on when they could supply the phone and refused a refund, they had my £899. Spoke to customer services etc and they were equally as unhelpful, in the end I went through my credit card company and have just received a refund 1 days ago...3 weeks to get my refund. This is without even receiving a phone, if you actually took the phone away I dread to think what the response would be.

Never again will I deal with this company..

In my experience as soon as you mention Consumer Right Acts they change their attitude big time.

You are definitely entitled to a refund within 30 days as long as the item is not opened/used. This also applies if the item is faulty and then it is on them to prove otherwise.

Associate
In my experience as soon as you mention Consumer Right Acts they change their attitude big time.

You are definitely entitled to a refund within 30 days as long as the item is not opened/used. This also applies if the item is faulty and then it is on them to prove otherwise.
Thanks, was sorted through my credit card company in the end.

Soldato
OP
Keep the OP6, the A2 lite is a massive downgrade. You'll get used to the size.
The OP is going back this weekend. Honestly the Xiaomi does everything I need. The camera could be better but that's about it.

As for getting used to the size, I had my OP One for 4 years and it still annoyed me at the end how bulky it was. I don't watch anything in my phone, I don't need a 6" screen. I just wish manufacturers would realise this.

Soldato
The OP is going back this weekend. Honestly the Xiaomi does everything I need. The camera could be better but that's about it.

As for getting used to the size, I had my OP One for 4 years and it still annoyed me at the end how bulky it was. I don't watch anything in my phone, I don't need a 6" screen. I just wish manufacturers would realise this.

I think the S8 is the perfect size phone. A tiny bit thicker for a larger battery and I'd be well happy :)

Soldato
People don't generally buy smaller phones unfortunately, otherwise there would still be an iPhone 5 sized device or Sony Compact devices. The manufacturers already have this data and it's not worth their while to produce them.

Back
Top Bottom