CPW Headache

Soldato
Ordered a phone earlier for Dad via the CPW site, Samsung Galaxy S Advance on Talkmobile £12.00 a month with a £50.00 upfront charge for the Handset.

It's only taken them most of the day to come back to me with the following email.

Thanks for ordering from The Carphone Warehouse.

We can't process your order just yet
We've not been able to get authorisation for the card you used to pay with. This could be for a number of reasons- you might have entered your details incorrectly or your bank might be concerned about an unusual transaction.

Let's sort it out!
• If you're not sure why there's been a problem with this card, please get in touch with your bank to make sure everything's ok.

• Then give us a call on 0845 655 5050* so we can confirm your details and get your order sent out to you. We're open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm on Saturday, 11am-5pm on Sunday and 10am-5pm on Bank Holidays.

There's no problem with his account, the credit rating couldn't be better, I checked, checked and checked again the Card details were correct.

I'm just worrying despite this glitch they will plough on and take the £50 upfront fee for the Handset regardless of what has occured thus far?

How are CPW Customer Service? Helpful or a waste of time?

Cheers

Caporegime
Have you checked with the bank to make sure it's not one of them idiotic security checks on his card?

Associate
Mostly it's the bank not letting a CV2 check, try ringing the bank and getting it authorized or try and do it over the phone with CPW.

To answer the £50 upfront bit the system cannot take any money from your account unless the transaction is closed which in your case isnt. So you should be ok.

Soldato
OP
It's all sorted now, it appears therre was a hold put on his account, so he phoned up to complete the transaction, I've had the confirmation email to say the order has been dispatched, but the Yodel tracking number isn't recognised *yet*

Soldato
OP
Finally the tracking number is live

19/11/2012

Parcel ready for despatch at warehouse

LICHFIELD SERVICE CENTRE

Anyone know Yodel's collection time from CPW? That's if it hasn't been collected already and the tracker is lagging...

Top Bottom