CPW messing about with contract

Associate
My girlfriend got a new phone on contract from CPW online and it came on Friday.

Up until today and the contract still has not activated so she went into CPW to find out why.

They've basically said it hasn't activated so all they can do is try again but the price has gone up so she has to pay the extra or give everything back.

She has the receipt from them confirming all the agreed prices and the phone can they do that? It seems completely ridiculous.

Man of Honour
If she has proof of the deal then and they agreed to set it up but failed to then it's their fault and they need to honor it, I bet the person she spoke to just wanted to cancel the old deal and re set her up so he'd gain the sales commission!

Associate
Something similar happened to me, I ordered a phone + contract from a CPW company, I got the phone and sim card but it was never activated, I phoned the mobile operator and they had no knowledge of it, and I contacted cpw and they told me they'd put through another activation request, but I still haven't heard anything or been billed and I still cant use the sim.

Free phone!

Associate
OP
Hi guys thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

My concern is what consequences could be of not returning the phone? The guy at the store mentioned he had left a note on the account saying he had informed us the handset needs returning and made a few threats of billing for the full handset sim free cost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom