Crackdown 3 xbox

Associate
I tried to search for this but only the PC thread showed up. Please delete if a thread for consoles does exist. It is free on game pass atm, not sure how long for.

So this is out today, although seriously dumbed down to what it was meant to be. Played a few hours earlier and it is actually pretty good fun. If people enjoyed the first one it seems pretty much the same, which is not a bad thing imo. If we ignore Crackdown 2 this is basically Crackdown 1.5, I really did not enjoy 2 at all.

Anyone else playing?

Soldato
Played a few minutes earlier as I got the 12 month game pass cheap at Christmas.

Seems fun enough...although it's very dark....I don't have an OLED so have to crank the brightness up.

Soldato
played it last night, thought it was a bit meh.

EDIT, played some more, its ok, nothing special but not as bad as I initially thought. not something you'd pay for though

Seems fun enough...although it's very dark....I don't have an OLED so have to crank the brightness up.

Digital Foundry mentioned the gamma was really low on the Xbox version unlike on PC

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got to play this for a little while last night. Didn't find it dark on my xbox one, actually thought it was pretty bright

It really does seem to be a carbon copy of the previous games which has made me wonder why it's taken so long to release! Not sure how long i'll stick with it. Glad i used a Game Pass trial!

Soldato
Finally got to play this for a little while last night. Didn't find it dark on my xbox one, actually thought it was pretty bright

It really does seem to be a carbon copy of the previous games which has made me wonder why it's taken so long to release! Not sure how long i'll stick with it. Glad i used a Game Pass trial!

Aye, I don't notice any difference from the other Crackdown games - not saying thats a bad thing, I really enjoyed a quick playthrough of both of them - but I have no idea how its taken this long to come to market.

I'd also be very frustrated if I'd paid £50 for it.

Soldato
It's too dark at times. Gets very annoying when I literally can't see anything at times when it's night time.

Yeah, might enjoy it more if it was daytime more often.

Played a couple hours more. Really baffled as to what went on the last few years. It looks and plays like a game from 10 years ago. It's not awful, but it's certainly not great either. They're lucky it's on gamepass because no-one is going to be be buying it full price.

Back
Top Bottom