Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy

Soldato
So got the game? Who's going to buy? Your thoughts?

Really enjoying the game and it takes me down memory lane. The game play is fluid and feels great. I love how we can now use both characters and I'm really happy with the graphical updates.

Still very frustrating and some jumps feel harder but I'm sure it's just my timing.

Due to the game now featuring a timed run, I'd like to have some friends from here that I can aim to beat :p so feel free to add me if you'd like (PSN: Spacedeck).

Also offer any tips you might have for stages or ask away if you're struggling somewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Trying to get the gem on Slippery Climb now. I'm about to smash something :mad:. I know I can do it with zero deaths but I'm panicking near the end when I'd normally breeze through it.

I found that, but I think it's because I know how to actually kill them at the start of the fight.

Yeah, once you've seen one attack, you learn all the rest very quickly.

Soldato
OP
I really dislike Road to Nowhere. Currently trying to get the gold relic and my current best time is 1:05:36. Somehow I need to make 1:03:26.

Whoever invented these times for the timetrials needs a slap.

EDIT: now 1:03:33. This game is so cruel.

EDIT2: Finally got a time of 1:01:33 for gold after what felt like hundreds of failed attempts! Now I can sleep.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Swearing so won't link, but checkout what culture re crash bandicoot. Apparently reporting on a reddit user who has confirmed that V Visions have backported the jump mechanics from crash 3 to crash 2 and 1, meaning the jumpboxes and mechanics are out of kilter.

I.e playing crash 1 on a ps1 is easier than on the remastered, hence everyone's surprise re its difficulty

I wasn't able to find the article but there seems to be other articles regarding jumping; http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-harder-in-the-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy.

Also I found this article pretty interesting (https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/06/crash-bandicoot-remaster/), it goes on about the assets they had to work with and just how much of the game was built from scratch.

Soldato
OP
Without ever thinking about which was best as a kid growing up. I'm starting to think my favourite game is Crash 1. I've started Crash 2 but the spark I had while playing through the original just isn't there.

It's a great looking game and it plays well but something feels amiss. I'm not that bothered about the warp rooms, although it is nice being able to choose the next level.

Soldato
OP
Guys, just a heads up that the DLC Stormy Ascent is available now (for free). Well it has been since 21/07 but I didn't realise until now.

Anyone tried this? I've just complete the first run and it doesn't seem all that bad at all. Getting a good time for the leaderboard will take work though but I don't see how this is the hardest level on the game.

ETA: Just noticed that this will only be free up to the 19th of August, so make sure you grab this!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom