Crash diagnosis please

Associate
OP
Crashing's getting worse, so have been in contact with XFX directly. They suggested a few things to try (hotfix drivers) but just made it worse. They seem very unwilling to take it back and are basically telling me to return it to here and check with trading standards regarding the seller's obligations regarding faulty goods.

Both parties are pointing me to the other, i'm at the end of my tether; i just want it swapped - by either company - for a card that works, as in, does what it's supposed to!

Thoughts?

Soldato
Both parties are obliged to take it back, if it's within the first 12 months, however as i mentioned in earlier posts the retailer will just return it to XFX which will prolong the outcome.

I would therefore force XFX to take it - be direct and succinct in your communication about the fault and the description of your *final* efforts in trying to correct the problem yourself. Be clear that you are positive[sic] that the card is at fault and as a result you expect an rma.

They may be reluctant but they will take it back if your communication is confident and forthright and shows that you have followed all available troubleshooting methods.

You shouldn’t have any problems.

Good luck.

Associate
OP
Quick update on this:

XFX refused to touch it, said i had to deal with the retailer. OcUK ended up taking it back and very kindly swapped the 4850 for a 4870.

Delighted, and most importantly, no crashes!!

Thanks OcUK, faith restored. Also, XFX, although frustrating, were very helpful throughout, so i will not have a problem dealing with them in future.

And thanks for your interest Plec, appreciate it.

Soldato
OcUK ended up taking it back and very kindly swapped the 4850 for a 4870.

Delighted, and most importantly, no crashes!!

And thanks for your interest Plec, appreciate it.

No problem - glad to hear OcUK sorted it for you plus an upgraded replacement always helps take a little of the sting away due to all the hassles you had trying to get it resolved.

Back
Top Bottom