Credit Card Interest

Associate
Hi All

Hoping someone can help with a bit of advice.

My bank has been charging me for Merchandise credit card interest this and last month, and I have no idea what it is? They also charge me the same amount of interest that was being paid before.

I'm confused.

Soldato
It's either interest charged on purchases that weren't fully repaid in the grace period or interest charged on an installments plan they setup with the merchant.

Associate
OP
Ok the thing I'm confused about, I always buy stuff out right and never by monthly. Maybe i'm not getting the concept.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help. I just came across this online, someone had the same fee on their card. I get it now.

I finally got through and apparently the "merchandise interest" is the standard interest my account acrues based on a daily account balance when it is not paid offf in full at the end of the month.
It was not noted on my account prior to April 2008 as I was still in my 6 months interest free on purchases period.

Cheers again

Associate
OP
Hi again

I was going to start a new thread because now I have this problem away from this topic,and was curious if anyone might know the problem. Basically I've tried to put my pin numbers on nowtv, amazon prime tv and another site, And none of them will let me. The last site it said put the numbers in a numeric way? All pins have been or tried the correct way.

Caps lock is off. So I'm lost. Never had this before.

Thanks In Advance

Associate
OP
No it's just pin numbers nothing to do with card details. I just tried again with amazon tv and it was wrong although I know 100% it was right.

Associate
OP
It's working on another keyboard after just plugging it in. So it's the original keyboard. Still not sure why.

Associate
OP
Hi again again lol

I just got this reply back from my bank. It turns out my partner withdraw money abroad with my credit card lol How do I clear it? Has it been cleared? The interest was 95 pounds last month and this month both have been paid in full and on time. I'm not sure how to clear it. Please read below. Thank You

After a review of your account I can confirm the charge showing as £95.61 is Merchandise interest is charged when the balance is not paid off in full, by the time the interest free period has ended. You have up to 56 days interest free after the purchase has been made (46 days for Cash Reward customers, please note you can double check if you’re a Cash Reward customer by checking your statement), after this interest will continue to be added until the amount has been paid off in full.

I can confirm you were charged £1.42 cash interest on 23 September 2016 Interest is charged on cash withdrawals from the day you make the withdrawal until the amount is paid in full. Even if you pay your account before the due date you’ll still see some interest on your next statement. This interest is the amount that has been calculated from the date your previous statement was printed to the day we received your payment to clear the balance.

The fee applied is 2.5% of the transaction value, with a minimum charge of £3. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) charged on cash transactions is 27.9% per annum (variable). Interest is charged daily until the balance is repaid in full. These fees are set out in the Terms and Conditions of your credit agreement and are non-refundable.

Back
Top Bottom