Crime Up, Knife Crime Up, Gun Crime Up

Associate
OP
Knife crime has sky rocketed where I live. I think what has happened is that the City of Liverpool has been getting urban regeneration for quite a while, a lot of the people who lived in the city have been scattered around the surrounding areas.

In my town we have started to see that a lot of people who have been banned from the city centre have taken it upon themselves to wreak havoc here instead. We have seen quite a few stabbings and murders recently, that's on top of the recent spate of stabbings commited by locals.

With the lack of Police available it makes criminals more bold. There is still an unresolved murder from November that they are appealing for information about. The guy was 29, a former swimmer at my daughter's club, and was just out having a drink with relatives who had come to visit. He was stabbed and killed by a thug on a dirt bike and it appears that the local community have closed up and decided to protect the killers.

Over Christmas there was a large spate of break-ins, more than usual. There has been a rash of vandalism with people deciding to torch cars in the night.

I have NEVER seen it so bad here. I was talking to my wife that I wouldn't be surprised if residents start taking it upon themselves to "enforce" the law and, low and behold, she found a vigilante group that sprung up online.

Back
Top Bottom