• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

crossfixe or not???

Associate
hey there ive just been playing abit of the beta for bf3 and its great im really suprised my good old ati 580 is playing it on full with 1680x1050, just it can lag at somepoints and seeing though as the beta hasnt got the full amount of graphics as the final will is it worth going crossfire as another 5850 would only cost me around 70pounds, but ive been looking on some websites and the nvidia cards seem to out perform ati in nearly everyway.

Associate
i think its true that nvidia cards do out proform ati slightly but at a higher price that isnt justifable sometimes where as your 5850 upgrade would cost you £70 quid and beat a single gtx 580 or sell your 5850 and pay £350 for the 580 i would choose the xfire

Man of Honour
8gig isn't generally much of a benefit over 4gig for gaming, even on 64bit OS very few games will exceed 2gig RAM useage - so unless your PC is loaded up with a ton of extra background tasks running while you game the extra memory will not be used.

Back
Top Bottom