Crosshair V Formula-Z random Fire

Associate
As I buy all my gear from overclockers, I'll share here.. Just lost my pride and joy.. Just wanted to share my experience today, came home to hear my smoke alarm, it was my computer that was built over two years ago and used daily for gaming etc.. The motherboard had caught fire at the top where a 12V 4 pin plugs in. I'd hate to think what would have happened if I had stayed out all day.. Makes you think that at anytime anything can happen, this was not overclocked or anything, been running for over two years sweet and was playing wow and far cry 5 most of last night too. gutted.com I've contacted ASUS, just hope I can find the receipt or i'll have to save up for another few years. :(

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just an update on this, I contacted ASUS, who collected the board, and within a few days they offered me a choice of replacement boards, from a direct replacement through to there top of the range, so I asked for the best one they had. I had to buy a new compatible processor and memory, as mine were out of date. so I had a good upgrade, and I had an excuse the wife could not argue with to buy new bits.. so to end it all.. I had an expensive upgrade due to a failed part.. I had good contact from ASUS, There not perfect but there getting there..

Back
Top Bottom