CRT Monitor Modding....

Associate
Hi.

I currently have a Cornerstone p1600 CRT Monitor 21". I would like to spray it black before I venture to a lan party in April but don't want to take it in it's current beige state.

Does anyone have any advice as far as spray painting solutions are concerned? I don't know anything about spraying plastic and whether it needs sanding, or if it needs several coats or what.

Also, it does let out a fair bit of heat through the top vents so will it be ok to spray?

Any advice from anyone who has done this before would be great.

Thanks.

AP0ll0UK

Soldato
Make sure the paint you're planning on using wont melt the plastic of the monitor - read some articles on case spraying on the net and pick up tips from there.

Buy some GOOD quality masking tape and mask off all areas you dont want sprayed.

Let me know how it goes mate, thats not a bad idea - might work for my 21" film monitor :)

Soldato
Won't the paint go through the ventilation holes? :eek: I guess you'll have to open it up and cover the inside of those holes with masking tape too. Be very careful when openning it up though, apparently the capacitors inside hold enough current even when the monitor is off and unplugged, to kill you stone dead :(

(seriously)

Back
Top Bottom