Crucial 10th Anniversary VS Crucial ballistix PC5300?

Associate
sunama said:
How does the crucial ballistix pc5300 ram compare to the 10th anniversary? Does it use the same memory chips? Does it overclock to the same level?

Looks like it uses the same ICs.
Not too many (any?) o/c reports on them but presume they wouldn't be too far off the 10th Anniversary modules.
For the £11 OcUK price difference between them I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

Soldato
OP
I can get the crucial pc5300 2x1GB ram for £180 including delivery.

Or

I can get the teamGroup Xtreem 2x1GB for £208 including delivery.

Or

I can get the 10th anniversary stuff from ocuk for £215 including delivery.

From what I can tell they all use the same memory chips, but there is a price difference of £35 between the cheapest and most expensive.

Caporegime
sunama said:

Or

Or

From what I can tell they all use the same memory chips, but there is a price difference of £35 between the cheapest and most expensive.

Thats a tough choice, my money would probably go on the cheap Crucial or teamgroup, but if I bought the cheap Crucial and they clocked poorly I'd be so annoyed.

Associate
sunama said:

Or

Or

A lot of high-end DDR2 is going to use the exact same IC, from £150 sticks up to those over £300.
The difference is going to be in 'binning', the process by which the ICs are screened to sort them in to the various performance grades.

Caporegime
nightic said:
A lot of high-end DDR2 is going to use the exact same IC, from £150 sticks up to those over £300.
The difference is going to be in 'binning', the process by which the ICs are screened to sort them in to the various performance grades.

By all accounts the 10th Anniversary is very highly binned chips.

Associate
I would go for the Crucial 10th, mate, I'm certainly glad I did! Have mine running at 936mhz 4.4.4.8 2.1v (no active cooling) and it was easy. Not had time to push them further yet but I'm sure they have a lot left in them.

Soldato
Anyone have anymore input on this?

I'm looking to get an E6300 and pair it up with an Asus P5B Deluxe Mobo.

I've heard they're pretty much exactly the same.

Associate
dark_shadow said:
Anyone have anymore input on this?

I'm looking to get an E6300 and pair it up with an Asus P5B Deluxe Mobo.

I've heard they're pretty much exactly the same.
There is a thread on xtremesystems forum where it is thought the Anniversary were binned Ballistix (with p/n 12864aa663) for low voltage (and a different heatspreader).
Sounds logical but not confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom